5 Senior Accountants
Jobs at:Ministry of Finance, Planning & Economic Development
Deadline of this Job:
21 April 2022
Date Posted: Monday, April 11, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Ministry/Department- Ministry of Finance, Planning & Economic Dev.
Post- SENIOR ACCOUNTANT
Terms of Employment
Reference- HRM 62/70/02
Minimum Age- 25
Applicants should be Ugandans in possession of an Honours Bachelor’s Degree in Finance and Accounting; or Business Administration / Commerce with a bias in Accounting OR Full professional qualification in Accountancy obtained from a recognized awarding Institution. Applicants should be Members of a recognized accounting Professional body. Membership of the Institute of Chartered Public Accountants of Uganda (ICPAU) will be an added advantage.
Applicants should have a minimum of three (3) years relevant working experience at the level of Accountant in Government.
The incumbent will be responsible to the Principal Accountant for performing the following duties:-
• Verifying completeness of payment requisitions, justification and documentation of financial transactions;
• Supervising periodic reconciliations of ledgers and cashbooks to account statements; non tax revenue to URA provisional returns and providing advice on appropriate actions;
• Producing routine financial management information and draft periodic financial statements and reports for management use;
• Preparing draft periodic statements and reports for compilation of final accounts;
• Coordinating preparation of draft responses to audit activities or queries and oversight issues;
• Preparing requests for funding;
• Overseeing day to day operations of Accounts Unit;
• Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Apply online at https://vacancies.psc.go.ug/ors/Advert/Details/4726
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.