Aviation Maintenance Technician, Uganda
Jobs at:Samaritan’s Purse Mission Aviation Services
Deadline of this Job:
Saturday, April 29 2023
Date Posted: Saturday, April 29 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Samaritan’s Purse Mission Aviation Services is seeking a servant of Jesus Christ who feels God’s leading to make disciples of all nations through use of their aviation-related knowledge, skills, and abilities for our East Africa program. This position requires the applicant hold a current United States Federal Aviation Administration A&P License. We currently operate a turbine converted DC-3 and Cessna 208Bs in this location. PT6/C208 and experience with turbine powered aircraft desired.
A day in the life of an Aviation Maintenance Technician:
At Samaritan’s Purse, the Gospel really is the center of all we do! We start each day with a time of devotions and spend time praying for each other, our staff and volunteers who serve around the globe.
In the role of Aviation Maintenance Technician, you will have the opportunity to:
• Maintain your personal relationship with Jesus Christ and be an effective witness for Him
• Maintain Samaritan’s Purse aircraft in accordance with Federal Aviation Regulations
• Perform preflight and post flight inspections
• Coordinate with the Director of Maintenance and other aircraft maintenance technicians to ensure aircraft are properly maintained
• Travel with the aircraft as a crewmember and perform duties associated with the mission as assigned
• Repair and maintain aircraft ground support equipment
• Perform line service duties including refueling
• Clean interiors and exteriors of aircraft
• Assist in maintaining hangar facilities and lease property to meet the highest possible standards of safety and appearance
• Assist with loading and unloading of the aircraft at home base and enroute destinations.
• All other duties as assigned
Qualifications & Experience:
• Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university or two to four years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• FAA Mechanic Certificate with Airframe and Powerplant ratings. Inspection Authorization preferred but not required
• Ability to maintain aircraft in order to meet or exceed FAA requirements
• 12 credit hours of college-level Biblical Studies (required); if not already completed, opportunity to meet and complete requirement is available upon hire.
Job Location: Entebbe, Uganga
Accompaniment: Family Accompaniment
Travel Expectations: As assigned
• International medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
• Paid Family Medical Leave
• Retirement savings plan
• Paid holidays
• 12 vacation/personal days
• 10 sick days
• When at IHQ, on-site Medical Clinic (staff and dependents)
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.