Centre Service Provider (Temporary)
Jobs at:Marie Stopes Uganda
Deadline of this Job:
Friday, September 29 2023
Date Posted: Friday, September 15 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Probationary Period: 3 months
Reporting to: Hospital Manager
Reporting to and working with the Hospital Manager, the Service Provider’s main role is to maintain the high clinical standards expected by MSU and actively work to promote the clinic and contribute to improved financial performance.
It is particularly important that the post holder is able to sustain a close and collaborative partnership with operational staff in the support office and field, so that project deliverables remain a focus of operational activities. This post holder will be able to work productively with the Research, Monitoring & Evaluation, Operations and Social Franchising teams to ensure that programme activities serve the indicators in MSU’s M&E framework
1. Accountability of all staff to each other and our clients and stakeholders
2. Equality of opportunity and access
3. Value for money in the management of our resources
Marie Stopes Uganda is an NGO registered in Uganda. We are affiliated to Marie Stopes International. Together we deliver post abortion care, quality sexual and reproductive health care and family planning to millions of the world's poorest and most vulnerable women. We want to make sure that women have a choice when it comes to having children and that death by unsafe abortion is reduced.
The primary responsibility of this role is to further our Goal: THE PREVENTION OF UNWANTED BIRTHS and its mission of ensuring the individual’s right to: CHILDREN BY CHOICE NOT CHANCE
This post has four key responsibilities and related deliverables:
1. Client care
2. Budgetary Control and Supplies Management
3. Technical experience
4. Records keeping and reporting
• Provide comprehensive client counselling on reproductive health and other health matters.
• Taking necessary steps to ensure that all centre clients are treated with sensitivity, respect, and consideration.
• Effectively manage and resolve complaints raised by clients and promptly escalate difficult issues to the Centre Manager.
Budgetary control & Supplies Management:
• Ensure that stock is dispensed and counted accurately
• Ensure that stock cards are updated continuously and waste and spoilage of stock (ie expired stock) and stock outs is minimised.
• Ensure full participation in stock counting and ordering activities at the centre (including the laboratory, the main store and dispensing cupboard supplies).
• Ensure that the Centre Manager is alerted in time of low stock or discrepancies in stock counts / orders received.
• Taking necessary steps to ensure that costs of utilities like water, power, stationery and other utilities used at Marie Stopes Centre are minimised, and that the centre assets in your possession are maintained in a sound and secure way.
• Administer drugs prescribed in the correct dose, the correct route and at the correct strength for the client, give injections in a safe manner using the aseptic technique.
• Assist with Norplant & IUD insertion, MVA procedure, Pap smear, Tubal Ligation and Vasectomy procedures.
• Provide antenatal, post natal care, emergency deliveries (midwives), and immunisation services.
• Follow STI treatment protocols correctly
• Counsel patients to take up appropriate FP methods.
• Take necessary steps to ensure that the highest standards of reproductive health and family planning services are achieved, as laid down in the Marie Stopes Partnership Manual (including HIV/AIDS services)
• Conduct weekly checking of essential equipment and promptly inform the Centre Manager of their current status, and follow up repairs or maintenance required of equipment.
• Familiarise yourself with MSI protocols and actively implement all the necessary tasks to achieve the highest standards.
Clean and sterilise instruments and supplies (gauze and cotton wool) at the Centre
Record Keeping and Reporting:
• Ensure that company clients are attended to promptly; claim forms are completed accurately with correct costs calculated on forms.
• Ensure that accurate records are kept in the Centre, and that timely accurate reports are submitted to the Centre Manager.
• Update and complete all records handled by you and these may include the client register, client cards and receipt books
• Maintain confidentiality of client records and ensure that clients are charged as per MSU price list.
• Strive for income from services to meet or exceed set targets.
• Perform any other work-related duties as may be assigned by your supervisor.
• Level of professionalism maintained when dealing with clientele.
• Number of complaints escalated to the centre manager.
• Repeat visits from satisfied clients
• Level of client confidentiality maintained at all times.
• Level of accuracy in stock dispensing and stock taking.
• Timely reconciling and ordering of stock.
• Achieving monthly targets set.
• Timely and effective implementation of work plan activities.
• Number of theft incidences and wastage of supplies
• Level of adherence to treatment protocols
• High uptake of methods after counselling
• Operational status of essential equipment.
• Timely and appropriate referral of client to higher health professionals as required
• Frequent attendance of Continued Medical Education (CME) Workshops organised.
• Level of infection Prevention, Vocal Local, and Emergency Preparedness standards maintained.
• Level of accuracy in records kept and timely submission of monthly reports.
• Level of adherence to MSU policies and procedures, financial procedures especially those on Finance, uniform and Punctuality.
Knowledge, Skills and Attitudes
• A Diploma in Nursing and Midwifery, Certificate of Enrolment
• Must have an up to date registration certificate from a recognised institution.
• Knowledge of medical procedures, terminology, and equipment
• Sound knowledge of Family Planning methods.
• Sound knowledge of STI detection, management and advice to clients
• Ability to assist with procedures efficiently and effectively to MSI and MSU standards (BTL, Vas, PAC, Norplant, IUD, I.V.)
• Interpersonal/human relation skills
• Verbal/written communication skills
• Ability to plan work, establish priorities, and remain flexible
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Ability to instruct/teach
Attitude / Motivation:
• Keen to pursue personal development
• Strong commitment to the goal and vision of MSU
• Result driven
• Pro choice
• Initiative: Thinking ahead and taking action to make the most of opportunities by finding the optimum solution
In this role, you must predict quality issues that might arise and plan to address them
You will take initiative with your team and across the CMT to realise efficiencies and impact
• Innovative: Thinking creatively so that ideas generated create a positive outcome
In this role creativity will be needed to inspire service providers to achieve results across a range of varied contexts
• Effective Communication: Communicating through active listening and good questioning techniques, using appropriate body language, ensuring information is clear and concise.
In this role your team will feel listened to, well informed, know what they should be doing through the efficient use of management time
• Team Player: Working as part of a team by being supportive, flexible and showing respect for each other
The role is part of the CMT and together with them takes responsibility for the delivery of MSU’s strategic plan
Working together is essential in achieving results
• Responsive Being responsive to changing priorities and demands
Your plan will be clearly made out and changes will be agreed and reported regularly and on time
• Working Efficiently: Planning, prioritising and organising work to ensure work is accurate and deadlines are met
As part of the CMT and in order to meet the needs of contractual obligations to investors/donors your work will be clear accountable and effective
• Sharing Information: Sharing information and knowledge whilst maintaining confidentiality
Timely action will be taken on information regarding your areas of responsibility
• Focus on Learning: Taking responsibility for keeping knowledge and skills updated and for seeking opportunities to develop further
This post-holder must actively seek knowledge that can be shared and keep the teams up to date on latest views
Commitment: Awareness and understanding of goals, vision and values and how your role impacts on this and going the extra mile to meet role requirements
• Driven: Drive and determination to deliver results
Regular reporting will indicate ability to conceive, design and deliver on results
• Accountable: Taking responsibility for appropriate decisions that you make, and the actions and behaviour you demonstrate
• Embracing Change: Openness to embracing change within the organisation and being able to adjust plans/activities accordingly
• Motivated: Motivation towards achieving quality results to maximise potential
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months:
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
You are encouraged to apply for the above position provided you meet the specified minimum job requirements
To apply for the position, please visit the careers page on our website: www.mariestopes.or.ug to submit your application. (please attach your CV) Or go directly to the application page by clicking here and click Apply Now
The deadline for applications is Friday, September 29 2023.
MSUG is an equal opportunities employer, committed to safeguarding humanity and expects all position holders to share this commitment.
MSUG has a well guided and transparent recruitment process that requires no payment from any candidate/job applicants/potential job seekers as a pre-employment requirement.
Female candidates that qualify are encouraged to apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.