Climate Change Advisor Global Carbon Market
Jobs at:Future options Consulting
Deadline of this Job:
25 December 2022
Date Posted: Monday, December 12, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Ref No: GIZ – GCM/CCA/1222081
Knowledge, Skills & Competences
• Excellent English language skills (spoken and written)
• Good organizational and communication skills, with demonstrated ability to implement capacity strengthening initiatives.
• Good working knowledge of ICT technologies (related software, phone, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g., MS Office, Excel, Powerpoint, MS Teams, MS, or other programmes).
• Demonstrated ability to process, analyse and synthesize complex technical information from different disciplines e.g., in the areas of energy, environment, climate change, natural resource management.
• Proven ability to support the development of high-quality knowledge and training and communication materials
• Ability to network, build and maintain partnership with government, development partners and private institution
• Engaging government, private sector, development partners, other commissions and other key stakeholders to facilitate project implementation.
• Provide technical backstopping for project partners on climate change mitigation in general but specifically on carbon markets and/or carbon pricing.
• Communication of project activities for visibility and awareness to political and commissioning partners and other stakeholders.
• Strategic level planning to guide implementation of the GCM program activities including development of planning documents.
• Logistical support towards the delivery of GCM program activities.
• Contributing to and supporting close integration of the energy and climate sector in Uganda as well as the broader cluster processes.
The Climate Change Advisor performs the following tasks:
• Render technical support to public and private sector stakeholders for readiness and implementation of carbon markets mechanisms under the Article 6 of the Paris Agreement and the Voluntary market mechanisms.
• Ensure public and private project stakeholders are continuously engaged on topics of carbon markets, article 6 of the Paris Agreement, climate change mitigation and NDC implementation. Partners may include Designated National Authorities and UNFCCC focal points of project countries, line ministries of environment, private sector institutions etc.
• Identification of potential carbon finance projects as well as carbon pricing instruments and works closely with potential partners to guide their development.
• Support planning, coordination and documentation of capacity building workshops, trainings and other project activities
• Provide technical support to the commissioning donor agencies e.g. The German Federal Ministry of Economic Affairs and Climate Action (BMWK), providing input for mid-term and annual reports, state of the art analysis, project progress reports, concepts and policy briefs.
• Contribute to the development and strengthening of partnerships within the programme, broader GIZ and with other agencies in climate change mitigation such as the UNFCCC Regional Collaboration Center Kampala, the NDC-Partnership and other relevant development partner initiatives for implementation of national and regional activities
• Support cooperation with the Ministry of Water and Environment (Climate Change Department) on climate mitigation and Carbon markets priority areas of engagement and support.
• Support cooperation with the Ministry of Energy and Mineral Development, Uganda to strengthen mainstreaming of climate change into the activities of the energy sector.
• Cooperate with the GIZ Energy and Climate Cluster projects, other GIZ projects, and the country office on aspects of mainstreaming climate change action in project activities and identifying synergies for cooperation on relevant activities and events.
Communication and Knowledge management
• Keep well-informed about current developments in international climate discussions on carbon markets and or carbon pricing particularly on Article 6 of the Paris Agreement and the voluntary carbon market.
• Develop and disseminate materials on project activities and developments in the carbon markets and climate change topics, in consultation with the Senior Knowledge Management Advisor, to increase the visibility of the project within GIZ and among relevant stakeholders.
• Identify and share lessons learned and best practices that may be useful in design and implementation of similar programmes
• Prepare communication materials such as project fact sheets and power point presentations
• Support the drawing up of periodic reports to GIZ HQ and Government Partners and activity reports.
• Organise and update project documentation on MS Teams and GIZ Data Management System.
Analysis and research
Regular research and review of latest developments and best practises in international climate policy and provide technical guidance in the development and implementation of climate change policies and strategies at both national and regional level (Eastern Africa).
• Master’s degree in Climate Change, Environment, Natural Resource Management or related fields
Details of experience
• At least five years’ professional experience in the implementation of climate change related projects.
• Experience in carbon markets and climate change mitigation at national, regional and international levels.
• Experience in the United Nation Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) processes such as the participation of Conferences of the Parties (COP) or supporting implementation of NDCs.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
All interested and qualified persons are encouraged to apply to the Head of Human Resources by email to email@example.com Applications and CVs should be in one document and a maximum of 5 pages only and sent electronically, quoting the reference. Please include name and contact of three references in the CVs, one official reference from your current workplace is a MUST. Please quote the position and reference number in the subject line. Applications should be received by 5.00pm on 25th December 2022. Please note: This is a national position. Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.