Jobs at:Infectious Diseases Institute
Deadline of this Job:
16 August 2022
Date Posted: Friday, August 05, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The DMID study is a one-year project that is aiming at recruiting children who are diagnosed with severe malaria according to standardized World Health Organization (WHO) criteria to evaluate exposure-Response of IV Artesunate. In order to successfully, implement the study, IDI is looking for a competent and experienced individual to fill the position below:
Duties and Responsibilities
• Participate in study trainings including protocol trainings and any other study related trainings.
• Participate in patient enrolment activities
• Participate in acquiring Informed Consent from participants
• Carry of neurodevelopment assessment for the participants enrolled in the study using the MDAT assessment tool
• Participate in completing CRFs
• Participate in conducting interviews
• Participate in participant follow-up activities
• Participate in study site entry visits, offer technical support to the community health worker and
• Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor
• A Degree in Clinical Psychology or a related field from a recognised institution
• Knowledge and training in Good Clinical Practice and Human Subjects research is required.
Required experience and skills
• Minimum of 3 years work experience in a clinical research setting.
• Excellent knowledge of Good Clinical Practice and Human Subject Protection
• Ability to speak any of the following local languages; Luganda, Adhola, Langi, Kiswahili, Lugbara, Ateso and Gishu.
• Experience in conducting neuro development assessments using the MDAT tool
• Good command of the Microsoft package
• Experience in collecting qualitative data
• Able to work independently and as a team
• Experience in working with children
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Candidates that meet the above criteria and have what it takes to excel in this position should send their CVs, including details of email address, present position, current remuneration, certificate/testimonials and updated email address and phone contacts of three (3) referees not later than 16th August 2022. Please follow this link https://idi.mak.ac.ug/hrms to apply for the position above.
• IDI is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge a recruitment fee or any other fees at any stage of the recruitment process.
• Internal candidates who meet the required specifications and have worked with IDI for a period of at least one year will be given priority.
• Make sure that your application letter, CV and certificates are attached as one PDF document.
• Indicate the Vacancy Code as the subject line of your email.
• Please note that if you DO NOT indicate the vacancy code as instructed above, your application will not be considered.
• Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NB: Candidates should attach a copy of their National Identity Card
The Senior Human Resource Manager
Infectious Diseases Institute — IDI Knowledge Centre, Makerere University Main Campus
College of Health Sciences, Makerere University
P.O. Box 22418, Kampala, Uganda
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.