Communication Officer-EACOP Uganda
Jobs at:SeaOwl Energy
Deadline of this Job:
13 September 2022
Date Posted: Monday, August 29, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Communication Officer-EACOP Uganda
The East African Crude Oil Pipeline (EACOP) Project involves the construction and operation of a buried, cross-border pipeline to transport crude oil from the Lake Albert area in Uganda to the eastern coast of Tanzania for export to international markets.
The pipeline will run from Kabaale in Hoima District, Uganda, to Chongoleani, TangaRegion, in Tanzania. The length of the pipeline is 1,443 kilometres (km) of which 296km will be in Uganda. In Uganda the pipeline will traverse ten (10) Districts, comprising Hoima, Kikuube, Kakumiro, Kyankwanzi, Mubende, Gomba, Sembabule,Lwengo, Rakai and Kyotera.
The Communications Officer is responsible for coordinating and implementing both internal and external communications and activities and contributes to the planning and implementation of the EACOP project communication plan. The role holder
coordinates and oversees the day-to-day communication activities and manages relationships and activities with project stakeholders.
The Jobholder reports to the Communications Lead and works closely with all other departments.
• Manage the Companies External Communications regarding mainstream media, and alternative media.
• Work with the technical teams to plan and Implement the Communications Documentations Calendar for the purpose of Knowledge management.
• Coordinate documentation of activities in multimedia formats and oversee the whole process of content production and lead contractors in the process.
• Oversee the development of project content by all stakeholders and partners.
• Participate in strategizing with the Communications team innovative and creative ways of documenting and disseminating knowledge.
• Coordinate documentation trainings using mobile tools to field personnel.
• Assist in strategizing the flow of pro-active dissemination of information.
• Compile a key contact person list for the respective ongoing Project activities that require knowledge management.
• Provide support on any internal communication objective.
• Attend regular planning/update sessions with external communications agencies to ensure successful execution of communications strategies.
• Work closely with other communications team members, to ensure a cohesive communications approach.
• Designing and implementing effective learning activities,
• Managing knowledge-sharing events, activities, and campaigns.
• Collecting and Structuring Information, Digitizing Information and Encrypting Information.
CONTEXT AND ENVIRONMENT
The main objective during the current stage is to ensure that all the conditions are in place for a smooth and efficient restart of the project in line with the established project standards whilst protecting the project’s technical achievements from the past 3 years.
• Contribute to essentially have a smooth and effective running of the EACOP Projectin all matters highlighted in the present Service Description.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIRED EXPERIENCE
• Bachelors Degree in communications, journalism, public relations, or a related field.
• 5 years of working experience in the respective field.
• Be an excellent communicator who can initiate and continue interactions with thepeople who share their insights and knowledge
• Know how to record and store information in a physical and digital format
• Have experience in journalism and creative writing skills.
• Skills in multimedia production.
• Be attentive to detail
• Ability to work both in a collaborative team environment, as well as independentlywith minimal supervision.
• Ability to distil complex information into clear, actionable communication
• Clear understanding of how to reach stakeholder audiences through targetedmessaging and effective use of communications tools.
• Ability to visualize, gather, analyse, and organize information
• Requires advanced writing skills; ability to write clear and concise standardoperating procedures, work instructions and knowledge articles for complexprocesses to a varied audience.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Experience in internal and external communications management.
• Ability to translate complex business information into engaging content.
• Multitasker and capable of simultaneously managing multiple projects with different deadlines.
• Fluency in English (Written and Spoken)
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested applicants who meet the criteria as outlined above are encouraged to senda detailed CV ONLY by email to:
Via email: email@example.com
Subject of your email should be the position you are applying for
Do not hesitate to contact us, if you have any questions or need any clarifications
Tel. & WhatsApp: +256 (0) 761 441 554
Deadline for CV submission: Friday, September 09th, 2022 – 5:00 pm
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.