Community Development Officer
Jobs at:Rwenzori Center for Research and Advocacy (RCRA Uganda)
Deadline of this Job:
01 June 2023
Date Posted: Thursday, May 25, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Rwenzori Center for Research and Advocacy (RCRA Uganda) is a Ugandan National Non-Governmental Organization that has worked in Uganda since 2010 as a local African-led organization. RCRA Uganda is now registered as a Ugandan Non-Governmental Organization with headquarters in Naalya- Kampala and regional office in Kasese district, western Uganda. RCRA Uganda is classified by the United States Internal Revenue Service (IRS) as a foreign public charity. RCRA Uganda aspires to contribute towards Uganda's Development and Humanitarian Responses for vulnerable families in rural and peri-urban communities. In 2020, RCRA began the integrated 1,000 Women's Gardens for Health and Nutrition (1,000 Women's Gardens) initiative with the mission to enable, "women's organic gardens as a gateway to food secure and climate resilient families in the Rwenzori Region, Uganda." In 2022, 1,000 Women's Gardens began an innovative program, 'Adolescent Sexual and Reproductive Health Gatherings for Young Mother Gardeners (ASRH Gatherings for YM Gardeners), which it seeks to expand in the coming years.
RCRA is seeking suitably qualified Ugandans to fill the position of a Community Development Officer at RCRA to join the 1,000 Women's Gordens team, and, specifically, to support the ASRH Gatherings for YM Gordeners initiative.
To facilitate communities for community development, and specifically, to empower adolescent mothers to realize their dreams for education, family planning, healthy relationships and sustainable livelihoods.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Co-organize ASHR Gatherings for YM Gardeners in Kasese District and adjacent sub-counties together with 1,000 Women's Gardens team.
• Provide primary leadership for programming and facilitating ASHR Gatherings for YM Gardeners in consultation with 1,000 Women's Gardens team.
• Provide guidance for selection of Young Mother Volunteers (YMVs), and continual mentorship and follow-up with YMVs.,
• Participate as needed in the research component of ASRH Gatherings for YM Gardeners to assess the impacts of the initiative on young mothers.
• Provide back-up to the RCRA data officer for entering and analyzing data gathered by YMVs as well as Model Gardener Volunteers (MDVs).
• Participate as needed in 1,000 Women's Gardens impact assessment research.
Work as an RCRA trainer and resource person in other community development trainings organized for the communities by RCRA.
• Prepare progress reports, and other reports as required by the organization.
• Promote project through stories, articles, website and other PR activities, ensure implementation of RCRA and donor visibility strategy.
•Assist with donor visits, provides services of a guide during donor visits and events.
• Actively participate in the weekly zoom meetings with the 1,000 Women's Gardens team.
Education, Skills and Experience
• An honors degree in Development Studies, Social Sciences, Public Health, Gender Studies, Social Work or Social Administration and Management Science from a recognized University or Institution. Three years working experience with communities for development activities;
• Experience in working with government and non-government organizations;
• Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, plus Google Docs/Sheets); Fluency in English;
• Experience facilitating community meetings,
• Knowledge of local language is required (Rukonzo, Rutoro), Experience working with adolescent mothers preferred.
• Good time management skills,
• Excellent interpersonal and conceptual skills for promotion of economic and social development,
• Ability to construct, interpret, critique budgets and track expenditures,
• Demonstrated ability to foster partnerships with community and/or government agencies/organizations and groups,
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months:
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Suitably qualified Ugandans should submit:
• An application letter.
• A curriculum Vitae / Resume
• Copies of academic Transcripts Copies of National ID
• Names, contact numbers and addresses of three (3) professional references
To: The Executive Director-RCRA Uganda. Plot 601 Binazi Street Naalya, Estate Kampala P.O. BOX 24321 Kampala, Uganda. Or E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.