Credit Relationship Oﬃcer
Deadline of this Job:
15 January 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, December 09, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Position: Credit Relationship Oﬃcer
Location: Kampala, Uganda
Numida is a rapidly growing digital microﬁnance institution (MFI) in East Africa focused on serving micro-and small businesses (MSBs). Thanks to our proprietary technology and credit processes, we provide growth and working capital to veriﬁed MSBs, resulting in high portfolio yields and a high impact on our borrowers’ livelihoods.
Through the Numida mobile app, small business owners can apply for convenient and unsecured short-term business loans by digitally submitting evidence of business ownership and business activity. A proprietary due diligence process, combining machine validation and human review, allows a ﬁrst lending decision to be made in less than 72 hours. The principal is disbursed digitally via mobile money. Our borrowers then begin reporting their daily ﬁnancials (sales, expenses, stock purchases) while paying off their loan and tracking their next loan limit. Most subsequent loans are disbursed automatically.
Traditionally overlooked and underserved micro and small businesses (MSBs) in emerging markets deserve to have great tech built to serve their needs. Numida is the ﬁrst and largest mobile platform in East Africa focused on offering convenient, accessible, and appropriate ﬁnancial services speciﬁcally to MSBs. With the wealth of data collected through our platform, we are well positioned to connect business owners to the ﬁnancial and non-ﬁnancial services they need in order to grow their business, whether it be credit, savings, insurance, payments, logistics, customer acquisition, or ﬁnancial & HR management. Due to our deep knowledge of our customers, Numida is becoming renowned for building technology that MSBs love. Within 10 years, we anticipate enabling at least 1 million small business owners on the continent to achieve their dreams.
We are looking for a self-driven, results-oriented Credit Relationship Oﬃcer to work with our Credit team. The role is a mix between the role of a credit oﬃcer and that of a customer care representative. S/he will conduct due diligence on potential borrowers, analyze creditworthiness and ability to repay, and effectively manage her/his portfolio while ensuring compliance with Numida’s methodology and policies. This role is reserved for someone who has prior experience as a credit oﬃcer, who has experience in speaking and engaging with clients over the phone, and who will be capable of providing technical support to small business owners and users of the Numida app in person, on the phone, or via online chat.
• Engage with loan applicants via phone to conduct due diligence interviews on all new loan applications and repeat loan applications requiring manual review
• Perform ﬁnancial analyses on loan applicants and interact with loan applicants as necessary to better understand and validate their business activities and ﬁnancial situation
• Make adequately supported recommendations to the Credit Committee for every loan application
• Collect loan repayments as they fall due, and follow Numida’s escalation process for delinquent borrowers
• Execute referral calls in order to generate new business
• Collaborate with the Product team and participate in various experiments that aim to improve the quality of Numida’s service and/or the eﬃciency of the CRO role
• Address inbound service inquiries (via phone and WhatsApp) and assist all
• Numida clients until full resolution of the issues, escalating to the correct department when necessary
• Ensure that the level of service provided to our customers is maintained to the standards set forth by the company
• Resolve complaints in an effective, timely manner whilst maintaining the highest standards of professionalism
• Record complete, quality and honest information into our Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system to enable Numida to address customer issues effectively
• Maintain up to date knowledge of Numida’s product offering to ensure any information offered to clients is accurate and helpful
Skills & Qualifications:
• 2+ years of experience in a credit oﬃcer or related role
• Bachelor’s degree in Microﬁnance, Business Administration, Commerce, or related ﬁeld from an accredited university
• Proﬁcient in computer and mobile technology – you are experienced with
• Android apps and desktop productivity software like Google Drive, Google Sheets, Google Docs, etc.
• Verbal and written ﬂuency in both English and Luganda. Fluency in other Ugandan languages is an asset.
• Ability to provide customer care via chat using professional, concise, and slang-free English
• Knowledge about and practical experience with the principles of great customer care, and superb phone etiquette
• Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
• Excellent interpersonal skills and high levels of empathy you are patient enough to truly listen to and understand the needs and wants of Numida’s users, and can address their complaints with compassion
• Type 30+ words per minute (desired)
Who You Are:
• A believer that small business growth in Uganda will drive community development and wide-scale poverty reduction
• A highly productive, results-oriented, self-driven individual committed to excellence
• A balanced planner and doer who can manage a heavy workload effectively
• A fast learner who is entrepreneurial in spirit and can balance both growth and risk management priorities
• A team player with the humility to ask for help when needed and to accept feedback to rapidly iterate on your work
Why Numida Is Fit For You:
• At Numida, we believe our values make a difference
• We are committed to active inclusion and diversity
• We are transparent
• We succeed when our customers succeed
• We do not only get things done, but also in the right way.
• We value, support and help each other grow.
• And we have fun!
Your Compensation And Reward:
This is a full-time, high-growth role in an early-stage East African technology start-up. We are an unconventional business, and our workplace is inspiring with a lot of opportunities for personal growth and fun. You will receive a competitive salary and have the opportunity to work with a dynamic and diverse team based in Kampala, San Francisco, and Vancouver.
Numida is committed to achieving 50/50 gender balance in our team. Qualiﬁed female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Click on this link to submit your application. In your motivation letter, please make sure to explain why you are a good ﬁt for Numida and this particular position, with a focus on your past experiences. The application deadline for this position is January 15, 2022 @11:59pm. We will conduct interviews on a rolling basis, so you are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.