Deputy Town Clerk (City Council)
Jobs at:Ministry of Local Government
Deadline of this Job:
17 May 2022
Date Posted: Friday, April 29, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Applicants should be Ugandans holding an Honours Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences; or Arts; or Development Studies; or Social Work and Social Administration; or Law; or Commerce (Management option); or Business Studies (Management option); or Management Science; or Urban Planning and Management plus a Masters Degree in Public Administration; or Public Sector Management; or Management Studies; or Development Studies; or Urban Planning and Management; or Business Administration from a recognized University/Institution. Applicants should possess a Certificate in Administrative Officers’ Law Course from a recognized Institution.
Applicants should have a minimum of twelve (12) years relevant working experience, three (3) of which should have been served at the level of Assistant Deputy Town Clerk (City Council), Deputy City Division Town Clerk, Deputy Town Clerk (City Division Council) in Government.
The incumbent will be responsible to the Town Clerk (City Council) for performing the following duties:-
• Supervising administration within the City Council;
• Advising, monitoring and evaluating the effective implementation of Council resolutions, development projects and programmes in the City Council;
• Interpreting Local Governments legislation pertaining to the administration of City Council;
• Coordinating the provision of ICT administrative support services to City Council;
• Coordinating the provision of records management services in the City Council;
• Supervising the effective implementation of council resolutions, social services and service delivery within the division;
• Managing the utilization and safe custody of City Council assets and records;
• Supervising and appraising staff of Administration Department;
• Preparing plans, budgets and reports for the Administration Department;
• Facilitating the implementation of City Council policies, by laws and regulations within the department;
• Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 144
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.