Director Human Resource
Deadline of this Job:
29 May 2023
Date Posted: Monday, May 08, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Director Human Resource
Reports to: Director General
Salary Grade: UR 2(i)
To provide professional advice, leadership and guidance in the management of human resources of the organization
Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Developing, implementing and evaluating human resource management policies, strategies, and procedures.
• Coordinating the development and reviewing of organizational structures to support the implementation of the corporate strategy.
• Guiding the organisational human resource planning.
• Analysing jobs, functions and work processes in order to design and re-design jobs and tasks thereby, minimizing duplication efforts and increasing staff efforts.
• Coordinating the recruitment and promotion of staff in order to ensure the appointment of suitable candidates.
• Developing and coordinating employee induction and on the job orientation programs for newly appointed staff.
• Coordinating staff training and development programs including management and Leadership Development. viii.Coordinating the development and implementation of staff performance management system in order to ensure optimal staff outputs.
• Providing Counselling and guidance services to NARO Staff.
• Developing and and implementing management and staff retention plans
• Supervising and mentoring Human Resource Officers at NARO Secretariat and at Public Agricultural Research Institutes.
• Performing any other duties assigned by the Director General from time to time.
Required Qualification and Experience:
• An Honors Bachelor's Degree in Human Resource Management; or an Honors Degree in Social Sciences or Arts or Commerce or Business Administration with a recognized bias in Human Resource field such as Human Resource Management Human Resource Development or Organizational Development.
• A Master's degree in Human Resource Studies or Master's Degree Business Administration or Public Administration with a bias in Human Recourse Management or a Chartered Member of the Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD).
• At least ten years' experience in Human Resource management practice, three of which should have been served at Head of Human Resource Department level or equivalent level in a reputable organization.
Tenure of Office: Five years' contract renewable once subject to satisfactory performance.
Age limit: Not above 55 years.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
The interested applicants should submit a hard copy of the application specifying the position he/she is applying for with a detailed curriculum vitae prefaced with a statement of not more than 250 words explaining why he or she considers oneself a suitable candidate for the job.
He/she should provide names, day-time telephone numbers, e-mail and physical addresses of 3 (three) respectable referees who are able to provide a candid opinion on his/her professional abilities, personal attributes and suitability for appointment to the position applied for. The application letter, CV, photocopies of academic certificates and testimonials should be submitted to the undersigned to reach him not later than 5:00 p.m. on Monday May 29th 2023.
The Director General,
National Agricultural Research Organization,
Plot 11-13, Lugard Avenue
P. O. Box 295,
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.