Drilling & Wells Contract Engineer
Jobs at:SeaOwl Group
Deadline of this Job:
28 September 2022
Date Posted: Saturday, September 24, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The job holder is responsible for the following;
• Responsible for developing and executing contract strategies including tendering, negotiating and placement of contract packages in compliance with the company policies and regulatory requirements.
• Develop and execute contract strategies for approval by the Contracts Committee.
• Review and further develop specifications and scopes of work in conjunction with the stakeholder teams.
• Develop, compile and conduct prequalification exercises (PQQ), Call for Tender (CFT) packages, tender openings, evaluation of received tenders, including detailed analysis of commercial and contractual qualifications, contract negotiation and execution of contracts.
• Provide contractual guidance and support to stakeholder teams during the contract management process including post contract award interpretation, administration matters, claims, contract amendments and renewals, supplier performance reviews
• Prepare and issue Recommendation to Award (RTA) documentation including bid evaluation reports for submission to the Contracts Committee and relevant parties, in line with company and regulatory requirements.
• Ensure compliance with Company policies, Joint Operating Agreements (JOA), Production Sharing Agreements (PSA) and applicable Oil & Gas legislation.
• Conducts accurate filing of all contract related documentation including approvals, in line with company policies to ensure cost recoverability.
• Provide management information for reporting purposes
• Stakeholder Managers and Teams, C&P (Contracts and Procurement) team, Suppliers.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with diverse business drivers and variables
• Ability to prioritize activities in line with business needs
• High level of competency in the Microsoft Suite of applications including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Demonstrate commitment to Health, Safety and the Environment.
• Self-motivated and uses initiative and judgement to attain best results.
• Collaborative with good communication and interpersonal skills.
• Able to work in a team and also independently with minimum level of supervision.
Qualifications And Required Experience
• Degree in a business management, commercial or engineering related subject. CIPS qualifications preferred
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in executing simple to complex contracts in a busy environment.
• Formulating, evaluating and negotiating complex contracts.
• Good understanding of contract risks, legal terms and conditions, including liabilities and indemnities and commercial terms.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
• Interested applicants who meet the criteria as outlined above are encouraged to send a detailed CV ONLY by email to:
• Via email:
• Subject of your email should be the position you are applying for
• Do not hesitate to contact us, if you have any questions or need any clarifications
• Tel. & WhatsApp: +256 (0) 761 441 554
• Deadline for CV submission: Wednesday, September 28th, 2022 – 5:00 PM.
• This job will be on Resident basis
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.