Editorial Officer - Kyegegwa District
Jobs at:International Rescue Committee
Deadline of this Job:
Wednesday, May 31 2023
Date Posted: Wednesday, May 17 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
IRC is seeking Editorial Officer, based in Kampala under the direct supervision of the Signpost Manager and will support the Signpost teams in Kampala. The Editorial Officers will be responsible for development, management, and dissemination of quality, verified, relevant information on Signpost. The position is integral within the Signpost team and will work closely with moderators in publishing content through digital and other diverse channels based on need and responding to clients’ information needs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Publish relevant and appropriate content on Signpost.
• Ensure Signpost content is accurate, complete, easy to understand and engaging.
• Collaborate on, edit written and multimedia content built by Signpost team (Signpost Manager, Moderators, Service mapping officer).
• Monitor traffic and other feedback emanating from Signpost.
• Use the Contentful CMS, Transifex translation-management software and other tools to prepare content for publication.
• Coordinate, update, and handle the Signpost style guide.
• Ensure the Signpost photo database and calendar are up to date.
• Support moderators with publishing posts on Facebook and other media
• Contribute to drafting reports on Signpost content.
• Work with Information Technology team to resolve technical issues across platforms.
• Provide technical guidance, on the job mentoring and coaching for the moderators.
• Ensure ongoing training and targeted capacity building of signpost staff.
• Review performance of moderators in the field and provide encouraging approaches to address issues identified.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Signpost Manager
Position directly supervises: Moderators.
Other Internal and/or external contacts: Signpost team (Manager, Moderators, Service mapping officer), IRC protection team, IT/Helpdesk team.
• Bachelor’s degree in communication, Journalism, Media, Public information, or another relevant field.
• At least three to five years of demonstrated experience in editing, sub-editing, copy editing.
• Experience working with a humanitarian organization.
• Experience with Navigating online systems to complete work.
• Knowledge of social media strategies.
• Knowledge of online content best practices.
• Knowledge and experience of managing websites and social media platforms.
• Advanced English language skills, oral and written.
• Experience in content editing
• Strong writing and proofreading skills
• Passion for writing
• Strong interpersonal and time-management skills; shown ability to prioritize and deliver on time.
• Great attention to detail
• Strong analytic problem-solving skills
• Ability to work both independently and in a multifaceted, cross-functional team.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.)
Please note: Deadline for receiving applications is 31st May 2023.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.