Field Processing Supervisor
Jobs at:Church World Service
Deadline of this Job:
21 October 2022
Date Posted: Monday, October 10, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Position Title: Field Processing Supervisor - International
Reports To: Field Processing Manager
Division: Immigration & Refugee Program+ (IRP+)
Department: Programs, Field Processing
Job Location: Kampala, Uganda
Grade Level: Grade 7, Supervisor, International
Church World Service (CWS) is a not-for-profit, faith-based organization transforming communities around the globe through just and sustainable solutions to hunger, poverty, displacement and disaster. CWS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, genetic information, age, disability or veteran status in employment or in the provision of services.
This position is responsible for overseeing all United States Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP) Field Processing activity at RSC Africa. This includes managing workflow within the Pre-screening and Adjudications teams and collaborating with other program departments. This position ensures that RSC Africa processing priorities and targets are met and that standard operating procedures are strictly followed.
1. Ensures all refugee case processing functions within the Field Processing Department strictly adhere to the DOS/BPRM, USCIS, RPC, CWS and RSC Africa policies, guidelines and procedures.
2. Ensures development, implementation, dissemination and monitoring of standard operating procedures (SOPs) for processing of refugees eligible for the US Refugee Admissions Program in sub-Saharan Africa and specifically ensures their designated SOP is up to date and adhered to.
3. Demonstrates ability to conduct field processing activities including pre-screening, AOR screening, visa interviews and adjudications functions.
4. Conducts job function observations of field processing staff to ensure compliance is met and identify any areas of improvement or training needs.
5. Identifies and assists with regular process reviews to compare requirements vs. current processing and outputs.
6. Travels to field locations to monitor processing, conduct performance evaluations and meet with partners and vendors.
7. Facilitates DNA testing for P3 applicants as needed.
Data Management and Analysis
1. Ensures RSC circuit rides are planned, revised and updated as needed until confirmed, and staff are prepared while ensuring all functions are completed in the most operationally responsible manner.
2. Closely monitor the movement of cases through the Pre-USCIS pipeline, ensuring cases are being processed and presented according to USRAP priorities.
3. Acts as the point person for staff inquiries relating to processing of cases.
4. Develops reports and quality control checks that ensure accuracy and efficiency as well as their use.
5. Establishes effective communication systems regarding data and ensures reports are accurate and efficient.
6. Assists with annual plan and strategic planning goals as communicated by the Field Processing Coordinator.
1. Develops and maintains effective relationships with RSC implementing partners, including PRM, USCIS, IOM, UNHCR, RPC and domestic Resettlement Agencies.
2. Leads circuit rides and ensures all logistics are effective and are meeting the goals of the planned circuit ride.
3. Ensures partner communication from the department is professional, timely and proactive.
4. Represents organizational policies and culture to staff.
5. Ensures the workforce is professional when representing CWS/RSC Africa to refugees, partners, the funder and colleagues.
1. Provides direct supervision and leadership to Field Processing staff, including yearly performance evaluations, developing job descriptions, participating in hiring and coordinating leave.
2. Trains Senior Caseworks and Caseworkers on their essential job duties.
3. Ensures that QCs are being conducted and feedback is being provided to staff and/or other departments.
4. Ensures coaching, mentoring, feedback and corrective action plans are being carried out where needed.
5. Establish and communicate on-boarding, training and performance expectations.
6. Develops performance management systems that support consistency in work outputs.
7. Evaluates and assesses training needs of Field Processing staff and takes the lead in organizing and providing trainings on a regular basis.
8. Develops and implement training modules for Field Processing staff, in coordination with the Training unit, and ensure that staff receive cross training on different aspects of refugee processing, and that they are monitored and evaluated.
9. Monitors staff time and attendance.
1. Monitors and ensure a safe, healthy and professional work environment.
2. Ensures direct reports are accessing and using their benefits appropriately including leave.
3. Actively support staff by promoting safe space, open-door and the escalation policy.
4. Establish and communicate clear expectations to staff to foster a predictable and consistent work environment.
5. Ensures staff are safe in the field by coordinating with the RSC Staff Security Coordinator and disseminating information related to safety to staff in the field.
32. Ensures the deployment of Field Processing staff and resources to ensure timely flow of cases, in coordination with Programs Management.
This position also undertakes other duties as assigned by CWS/RSC Africa Management.
• Six (6) years paid work experience
• One-year supervisory experience is required.
• Five years USRAP experience is desirable.
• Thorough knowledge of the US Refugee Admissions Program and START database.
• Strong verbal and written English language skills.
• Demonstrated computer skills, especially Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills.
• Supervise staff to ensure policies and procedures are implemented and executed in accordance with guidelines and standard operating procedures;
• Maintain a high performance standard with attention to detail, completing tasks within set timeframes;
• Exercise good judgement and seek guidance as appropriate when confronted with unanticipated problems;
• Deal effectively and courteously with a large number of associates, outside agencies, refugees and members of the general public;
• Manage large and diverse workload under pressure with competing priorities
• Maintain the integrity of official records;
• Analyse and solve complex problems and make sound decisions;
• Work with minimal supervision;
• Maintain a high performance standard with attention to detail;
• Work independently and contribute to overall operations of RSC Africa;
• Actively participate in the implementation of the U.S. Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP)
Education & Certifications:
• Bachelor’s degree or four (4) years of paid work experience will be considered in the place of education requirements.
• Master’s Degree is preferred.
• Strong English communication skills, both written and oral.
• Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment required.
• Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion and willingness to support CWS’ Platform on Racial Justice as a CWS employee required.
• United States Passport (preferred)
• Full Time – Minimum of 37.5 hours per week.
• This position is based in Kampala, Uganda.
• COVID Vaccination is strongly recommended for all successful candidates
• The candidate should be of good health, willing and able to travel extensively in often difficult conditions, and have a high degree of flexibility. Must have proof of Yellow Fever vaccination before traveling for RSC Africa
• This position requires use of laptops at all time, competence in Microsoft office packages is required.
• This position may require travel in sub-Saharan Africa on short notice and under sometimes difficult conditions to meet demands of a dynamic operational program
• Background check which includes references and an educational and criminal check is required before the start of employment
• A valid passport and the ability to maintain a valid passport throughout the entire appointment is required, which includes having enough passport pages for travel.
• (Internationals - International applicants must be legally eligible to work and obtain a work permit in (Uganda) OR A valid U.S. passport and the ability to maintain a valid U.S. passport throughout the entire appointment is required, which includes having enough passport pages for travel
• Physical: This position requires bending, squatting, crawling, climbing, kneeling, sitting, standing, walking, pushing/pulling, handling objects (manual dexterity), reaching above shoulder level, using fine finger movements and lifting/carrying heavy loads.
• Environmental: Incumbents in this position will be exposed to excessive noise, marked changes in temperature and/or humidity, dust and infectious diseases, harsh weather climates, long work hours, bumpy roads, extended travel, excessive sun exposure, and non-ventilated spaces.
• The U.S. Department of State has assessed Kampala as being a CRITICAL-threat location for crime directed at or affecting official U.S. government interests. Crime continues to present a serious risk for those visiting or residing in Uganda. Incumbents should fully understand the insecurities present within Uganda and the region.
• All employees should be prepared to work from the CWS office within their location of hire. Remote work arrangements may vary depending on location and the governing rulings regarding the COVID-19 pandemic
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and Qualified? Apply Via https://cwsglobal.org/work-with-cws/
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.