Jobs at:Raising The Village
Deadline of this Job:
Monday, December 04 2023
Date Posted: Thursday, November 23 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
About Raising The Village
We are Raising The Village (RTV) – an international development organization and a registered charity – on a mission to end ultra-poverty in Sub-Saharan Africa. Raising The Village is a fast-growing organization on an accelerated growth path. We have 120+ national staff in Uganda and a team of 8 people in North America working together to lift communities out of ultra-poverty in last-mile villages. We operate at the intersection of direct implementation and advanced data analytics to inform progress, decision-making, and impact.
To date we have supported more than 665,000 people through our innovative holistic approach and are on track to expand to reaching one million people annually in the region by 2027.
We have achieved this tremendous growth with the support of our incredible partners from all around the globe who believe in our model and impact.
The Finance Assistant will support the Finance Team in the field districts under the projects in the areas of Bookkeeping, budget formulation, financial planning and monitoring, reporting, accounting/budget execution etc within the field Districts and also provide financial advisory services to the Field Officers. Specific
Financial Management and Reporting
• Ensure that financial documents are up to date at all times, orderly, well kept, and readily available for reference and
• audit, when required such as cash advance forms, cash request forms etc
• Withdraw project activities Funds from the bank, disburse and keep accurate records for all daily transactions
• Update all finance related internal systems with financial data
• Prepare expenditure cash log to manage daily cash activities at the field offices and share them with SFO on a weekly basis
• Scanning and numbering of the scanned finance documents on a weekly basis and share them with SFO for review
• Take part in budgeting, budget tracking and monitoring
• Implementation of financial policies
• Help oversee and manage individual accounts for the assigned field officers
• Send and follow up on invoices for proper accountability
• Review and reconcile project activities accountabilities documentations
• Reconcile any discrepancies or errors identified in accountability submissions
• Report any practice that is against financial procedures to the Senior Finance Officer or Finance and Administration Manager or management team as might be required
• Suggest changes or improvements to increase accuracy, efficiency, and cost saving
• Manage all the accountability documents and submitting it to the Senior Finance Officer for review on a weekly basis
• Provide support to staff through explaining financial information to ensure adherence to financial processes and procedures
• Initiate payments through beyonic mobile money payment system for the assigned Districts
• Monthly reconciliation and tracking of Village Start up fund collections
• Participate in Monthly Sage projects reconciliations Financial Monitoring
• Review and prepare monthly reconciliations for the assigned field office
• Manage office and project operations cash in the assigned field offices
• Maintain the filing of all financial and accounting documents, files, and correspondence at field office and these should be ready for verification and confirmation at the end of every quarter.
Preferred Technical Skills
• Excellent mathematical skills; understanding of data privacy standards; integrity; honesty critical thinking skills;
• Knowledge of accounting and financial regulations
• Ability to travel at least 30% of the time to different districts of RTV field operations
• Excellent computer skills including Excel and Microsoft word.
• Excellent analytical and numerical skills
• Good time management skills
• Strong ethics, with an ability to manage confidential data.
Education, Qualification and experience
• Diploma in accounting or Business administration majoring in accounting, or Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and Finance will be an added advantage.
• A minimum of (2) two years of professional experience in providing accounting, and Bookkeeping, and proven experience in a Finance Management and Accounting or Audit.
• Knowledge with Beyonic payments system will be an added advantage
• Any level of CPA or ACCA will be an added advantage.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.