Jobs at:Health Access Connect
Deadline of this Job:
09 December 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, November 23, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Duty Station: Kampala city, with frequent travels to the field
Reports to: Finance & Administration Manager
Organization: Health Access Connect, https://healthaccessconnect.org
The Finance Officer will work with HAC staff and partners to efficiently and effectively implement the Finance department processes as well as Office administration so as to ensure value creation and building of sustainability within the organisation
Key Duties & Responsibilities
1. Record all bank,cash and mobile money transactions
2. Record all staff and program expenses
3. Carry out monthly reconciliations for all accounts.
4. Following up on accountability and reporting any discrepancies.
5. Follow up on Insurance (Health and Automobile)
6. Filing receipts, invoices and all finance documentation
7. Support actively in the external audit process.
8. Follow up with the procurement needs of the organization
9. Take part in the tightening of the financial controls.
10. Support in end month reporting
11. Update all finance spreadsheets that are utilised by the programs department
12. Support in preparation of payroll and filing returns.
Qualifications, Technical Competences, Skills, and Experience
• Bachelors’ degree in Business Administration/Commerce/Finance or Economics with a bias in Accounting or its equivalent.
• CPA / ACCA or any other relevant professional course at level one qualification will be an added advantage.
• At least two years of relevant work experience
• Experience working with QuickBooks is an added advantage
• Experience in reconciliations
• Experience in using digital payment platforms
• Strong writing skills in English
• Fluency in both spoken and written English.
• Computer skills: proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Proficiency in using google suite
• Ready to make frequent field visits.
This position is designed as a full-time (40 hours/week) position. Compensation is UGX 1,500,000 per month before taxes. Field travel expenses will be paid for by Health Access Connect.
The mission of Health Access Connect is to link remote communities to healthcare. HAC currently pursues this mission through three programs:
1. Medicycles: We use microfinance Boda Bodas to bring Ugandan government health workers to set up one-day mobile clinics in remote villages. In those clinics, health workers give HIV testing, antiretroviral treatment, immunizations, perinatal services, family planning, and many other services available in rural health centers.
2. Technical Advising: We collaborate with the Africa Resource Center and the Uganda Ministry of Health to teach and empower PEPFAR implementing partner organizations to implement the HAC outreach clinic model in an effort to improve service provision to people living with HIV and all other residents of remote communities.
3. Treat & Teach: We improve access to family planning in the communities of Masaka and Kalangala districts by a) providing low-density high-frequency certificate training to health workers, b) setting up outreach clinics in remote communities, c) generating demand by collaborating with community health workers (VHTs), and d) reducing commodity stockouts by providing buffer stocks and improving commodity tracking at partner health facilities.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.