Finance and Admin Assistant
Jobs at:Nile Basin Initiative
Deadline of this Job:
19 March 2020
Date Posted: Monday, March 09, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Nile Basin Initiative (NBI) is an inter-governmental organization initiated and led by the Nile riparian countries to promote joint development, protection and management of the common Nile Basin water resources. NBI has a Shared Vision, 'to promote sustainable socioeconomic development through the equitable utilization of', and benefit from, the common Nile Basin water resources'. A wide range of programs and projects are currently under varying stages of identification, preparation and implementation under NBI designed to contribute towards the realization of the NB! Shared Vision.
The NBI provides a unique forum for the countries of the Nile Basin to move toward a cooperative process to realize tangible benefits in the basin and build a solid foundation of trust and confidence. NBL has three Centres: Nile-SEC based in Entebbe, Uganda, NELSAP-CU based in Kigali, Rwanda and ENTRO based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. The Nile Basin Initiative Secretariat (Nile-Sec) has embarked on implementing its five year Basin Wide Program 2017 - 2022 (BWP) which covers work streams on water security, agricultural water management, environmental sustainability, climate change and trans boundary water governance. With the financial support of the Global Environment Facility (GEF) and in collaboration with the United Nations Development Program (UNDP), the Nile-SEC will implement a groundwater project aimed at enhancing knowledge and capacity for sustainable use and management of Trans boundary aquifers and aquifers of regional significance in the Nile Basin. The key implementation support to the Basin Wide Program 2017-2022 focuses on procurement of goods and services during this period. With the financial support of the Global Environment Facility (GEF) and in collaboration with the United Nations Development Program (UNDP) the Nile-SEC will implement a groundwater project aimed at enhancing knowledge and capacity for sustainable use and management of trans boundary inquire and aquifers of regional significance in the Nile Basin Nile-SEC would like to strengthen its capacity to implement the above project and its entire mandate in the area of Finance and Administration. Therefore, Nile-SEC now seeks to hire a qualified professional for the position of Finance and Administration Assistant.
Period of Service
• This is a National Professional position with an initial Conti duration of one year from about 1st May 2020 to 31st April, 2021 with a six month probation period. The contract many be renewable annually based on satisfactory performance: availability of funds and need for the services. Duty Station
• The Finance and Administration Assistant shall be stationed. It the Nile-Sec, Entebbe during the contract period with possible: travel within or out of the Basin Countries as may be deemed necessary by the employer, under the overall operation. Supervision of the Finance Officer. .
• Under Supervision of Finance Officer, this role is responsible for maintaining proper accounting records in compliance with financial policies and procedures of NBI. The jobholder is responsible for financial accounting and reporting as well as cash flow management.
Job Skills: Not Specified
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills,
• A Bachelor's degree in accounting/ financial management and tat least level 2 CPA • At least five years of relevant work experience preferably in a regional organization and, or project management setting involving multi-lateral/ international funding agency.
• Knowledge and demonstrated experience in the use of Microsoft Dynamics Navision. ö) Proficiency in the use of computer software applications particularly word processing, spreadsheets, PowerPoint;
• Excellent language skills in English (writing, speaking and reading)
Job Education: Not Specified
Job Experience: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Interested and suitably qualified individuals are invited to via the NBI website at www.nilebasin.org to download the full description/TORs for the preferred position and should submit their applications electronically to the Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org . Application/cover letters clearly indicating the title of the position and accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae should reach the Executive Director not later than 19th March, 2020 by 4:00pm those shortlisted will be contacted individually. Please don't attach scanned copies of your Academic & professional certificates and testimonials, you will be requested to submit them when you are shortlisted for Interviews. Please clearly indicate a minimum of three referees and two former employers excluding the current employer with their full contacts.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.