Furniture Production Manager
Jobs at:Ufundi bora Furniture Limited
Deadline of this Job:
Sunday, October 01 2023
Date Posted: Saturday, September 16 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Manage entire upholstered furniture development cycle from estimate to concept to delivery: · Generate accurate client estimates. ·
• Creation of Drawings for client approval and frame order / specification.
• Ensure all Item design specifications are met by the production team , management of orders, packaging and delivering, and receipt of items to both clients and workshop.
• Oversee production and schedule inclusive of materials, machine work,joinery and finishing sections and information management (internal workroom communication and outside client communication). ·
• Coordinate final client approvals and delivery / installations.
• Ensure that all documentation including any modifications to estimates communicated for final billing. · Travel to various job sites and vendors as needed.
• Oversee and manage all scheduling functions of upholstered furniture production including: · Procurement of materials for fabrication
• Communication of various deadlines and status updates.
• Collaborate with management team on production planning/timelines ensuring: · Adherence to timelines ensuring production deadlines are consistently met.
• Distribution of weekly action plans and regular check-ins with the workshop team to ensure appropriate follow-through..
• Procurement of all necessary production materials and supplies, including but not limited to: Timber, Chemicals, Foam · Fiber · Fabric · Supplies ·
• Create and maintain production process manual with necessary visuals included.
• Proactive management of department costs to ensure:
• Maximum efficiencies and minimization of errors.
• Effective, prudent and timely ordering of materials and supplies to ensure deadlines are effectively met.
• Consistently exploring potential new vendors to decrease production costs while maintaining the highest standard of quality.
• Oversee, general maintenance and organization department area
NEW PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT:
• Collaborate with management team for long term strategic product development planning for Furniture Division inclusive of
• Assistance in the generation of design concepts for proprietary designs.
• Assistance in the development of necessary internal systems to support production of running line.
• 5+ years of furniture manufacturing.
• Computer Skills: Microsoft Office; Adobe and AutoCAD a major plus.
• Positive, upbeat personality with the ability to inspire and motivate staff in a team environment.
• Must have strong work ethic, be highly organized, detail oriented, and proactive.
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to exhibit diplomacy and use high level of discretion.
• Ability to interact professionally with clients, various vendors, and members of the production team.
• Must love a fast-paced creative environment.
• A passion for the home / furniture and the design / production process
• A certificate in Carpentry and Joinery. A diploma is an added advantage or its equivalent.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
All interested and qualified persons may apply by submitting your application with detailed CVs and academic transcripts with the contacts of 3 professional Referees to Recruitment Manager at
EMAIL : email@example.com
Not later than 1st October 2023.
NOTE: Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.