Jobs at:Raising the Village
Deadline of this Job:
20 April 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, April 06, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job Title: Grant Coordinator
Reporting To: Head of Programs, Uganda Years of Experience Minimum 5 years
Location: Midwestern region-Kyenjojo Travel Required (within region): Up to 50%
Terms 12-month contract, with the possibility of annual renewal
Reporting to the Head of Programs Uganda, the Grants Coordinator will be responsible for project management, coordination, and reporting for international governmental and intergovernmental grant-funded projects at RTV Uganda. In addition to coordinating and reporting on the existing governmental grant-funded projects, the incumbent will collaborate with RTV’s National and International Leadership team and staff to explore funding needs, develop solicitation strategies and prospect research, structure and write proposals, develop materials, and lead the knowledge management and mobilization for international government grants. This role requires creativity, exceptional writing and organizational skills, an eye for detail, project management, analytical and critical thinking skills. A need for high emotional intelligence to successfully work and collaborate across all departments and communicate with all colleagues within RTV. Essential to the role is the ability to be self-motivated, manage workload seamlessly, and have an innovative approach to executing priorities.
Grant Compliance and Reporting
● Manage and coordinate complex international governmental or intergovernmental grant reporting throughout the lifecycle of the grant in collaboration with the relevant stakeholders, with the understanding that these activities inform, and support programmatic and operational process refinements.
● Work collaboratively to determine and understand the needs of the funder and the organization to create and maintain systems for coordinating grant reporting requirements.
● Compile programmatic and operational reports, data, and other relevant material required for grant reports and contracts.
● Maintain a process to monitor grant compliance and implementation in collaboration with the leadership team and staff.
● Advise and support leadership team and staff concerning grant startup and grant management issues and provide ongoing knowledge translation related to the grant and reporting compliance
Knowledge Mobilization and Process Development
● Engage with staff to acquire knowledge to inform grant writing and reporting, and mobilize the learnings to inform processes, systems and practices to ensure organizational readiness for current and future grant opportunities.
● Build staff and organizational capacity, and provide ongoing support to staff to manage and report on complex grants.
Grant Writing and Proposal Development
● Strategize, research, develop, and write grant requests and related reports to international government, corporate, or foundation funding sources. Coordinate final submission of grant proposals by gathering and organizing materials required.
● Work collaboratively with the teams in a cross functional setting to develop relevant communications materials in support of grant writing, reporting, funder relations, evaluation and knowledge mobilization
● Other duties as required.
Required Skills and Expertise
● Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent.
● Professional grant management, coordination and reporting experience in the context of international governmental and intergovernmental grants
● Excellent written communication skills, including technical writing, proof-reading, editing, copywriting, grant writing, or other equivalent written communication format.
● Demonstrated ability to develop processes and work with multiple deadlines
● Strong Computer Skills with excellent knowledge of Microsoft Suite, specifically Word and Excel
● Ability to coordinate overlapping projects and deadlines required.
● Demonstrated team-oriented project management skills.
● Ability to analyze information, summarize findings, and present them in ways easily understandable to decision-makers.
● Ability to problem solve and work with minimal supervision.
● Experience working in poverty alleviation holistic programs.
● Passion for community development in last-mile communities.
● Ability to ride a motorbike would be considered an asset.
● Strong communication skills, both verbal and written English;
● Strong training & facilitation skills;
● Demonstrated willingness to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities and to keep a positive attitude in a fast-paced and challenging environment.
● Openness to relocate within Uganda depending on the requirement of the job.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Apply at: https://forms.gle/KrzgC7S2jiYuXdd2A
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.