Head of Finance & Administration
Jobs at:Exim Bank
Deadline of this Job:
14 December 2021
Date Posted: Wednesday, November 24, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Position: Head of Finance & Administration
Department: Finance & Administration
Duty Station: Exim Bank Uganda Head Office
Reporting To: DCEO Finance & Administration
Develop and maintain a sound financial / accounting policies, procedures and controls that will ensure the provision of adequate, accurate and reliable financial information and report to senior management and relevant statutory bodies. Facilitate operational efficiency by identifying areas of cost savings and develop appropriate measures. Implement the bank’s financial strategy in line with its overall strategic objective.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Works with DCEO and Management team to develop strategy and strategic metrics and monitor the implementation thereof to ensure long-term sustainability and minimal overall risk to the bank; including determination of key assumptions and engage business to understand their plans, produces sets of number and guides each business unit to develop their respective strategy, while aligned to the overall bank strategy.
• Perform feasibility studies and due diligence reviews of new ventures / partnerships and financial arrangements.
• Ensure that proper books of accounts are kept in accordance with the International Financial Reporting Standards and the applicable laws and regulations in Uganda.
• Take responsibility for the compilation / review and sign-off of monthly financial statements, half year publications, annual reports, board papers and submissions and provide leadership to Finance teams on what to report.
• Ensure the bank’s quarterly and annual accounts are prepared accurately and submitted to respective statutory and regulatory bodies within the set deadlines.
• Ensure Bank of Uganda reports are accurately prepared in accordance with Bank of Uganda guidelines and submitted within set deadlines.
• Ensure that the company’s general ledger system is well maintained, and all accounts fully reconciled and substantiated at all times.
• Liaison with business units to ensure they are kept abreast of their financial performance and to provide strategic leadership and guidance where necessary.
• Maintain oversight of debtors and creditors to optimize cash flows and recoverability of assets.
• Ensure operations are running effectively, standardize processes and identify and implement efficiencies.
• Work closely with IT and Operations and Risk to manage risks relating to physical infrastructure, accuracy of information and process compliance.
• Oversee the development, implementation, and management of appropriate financial risk management processes.
• Professional Chartered Accountant
• 10+ years’ financial management experience in financial services with significant leadership exposure
• Excellent accounting and financial reporting skills
• Excellent knowledge working with ERP’s
• Quantitative and financial modelling skills with Advanced Excel
• Knowledge of statutory accounting and regulatory requirements
• Tax knowledge
• Capital structuring and management knowledge
• Comprehensive financial risk management skills encompassing the governance, risk and compliance landscape
• Strategic thinking and execution skills
• Sound leadership and management skills with a strongly collaborative mind-set
• Strong relationship building and conflict management skills
• Strong judgement and decision-making skills with an ability to challenge constructively
• Well-developed verbal and written communication, presentation, influencing and negotiation skills with an ability to challenge constructively
• Sound business and commercial acumen
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Kindly send your cover letter and up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject JOB APPLICATION: HEAD OF FINANCE & ADMINISTRATION by close of business, Tuesday 14th December 2021.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.