Head of Human Resource
Jobs at:BRAC International
Deadline of this Job:
11 September 2022
Date Posted: Monday, August 29, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
BRAC is an award-winning international non-governmental development organization, with the vision of a world free from all forms of exploitation and discrimination, where everyone has the opportunity to realize their potential. BRAC is a leader in developing and implementing cost-effective, evidence based programs to assist poor and disadvantaged communities in low income countries, including in conflict-prone and post-disaster settings. It is an organization of and for the people of the Global South, pioneering new development and social enterprise approaches to equip communities to achieve prosperity. As well as being the world's biggest NGO by number of staff and people directly reached, BRAC has regularly been ranked the number one NGO in the world by the Geneva-based NGO Advisor, an independent organization committed to highlighting innovation, impact and governance in the non-profit sector. BRAC retained the top spot in 2020 among the top 500 NGOs for the fifth consecutive year.
BRAC was founded in Bangladesh in 1972 by Sir Fazle Hasan Abed. It started its first programme outside of Bangladesh in Afghanistan in 2002, and has since reached millions of people in 11 countries in Asia and Africa. BRAC has a holistic approach to development that uses a wide array of programmes and social enterprises, including in microfinance, education, health, agriculture, gender and human rights. BRAC believes that every person has inherent potential, and when an enabling environment is created and that potential is unleashed, even the poorest can become agents of positive change in their own lives, for their families and their communities.
BRAC Uganda NGO started operations in Uganda in 2006. Through its unparalleled network of branches across the country, BRAC Uganda creates large scale, positive changes though a holistic and integrated set of programmes in Agriculture, Food Security and Livelihood (AFSL), Health, Education & youth Empowerment, Ultra-poor graduation (UPG), Emergence Preparedness & Response and a Seed Social Enterprise. BRAC Uganda Country Office is located at Plot 880, Heritage Road, Nsambya, Kampala.
About the AIM Programme In 2022, the MasterCard Foundation in partnership with BRAC International (BI) will be announcing an initiative that will create a positive and measurable impact for 1.2 million adolescent girls and young women and 9.5 million people across seven countries in East and West Africa, including Ghana, Kenya, Liberia, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, Tanzania, and Uganda.
There is mounting urgency to support adolescent girls and young women (AGYW) living in poverty, which has been further amplified by the global pandemic. Through this partnership, scalable economic development approaches will be delivered in communities to foster the agency and voice of AGYW. They will have the opportunity to fulfill their aspirations, achieve sustainable livelihoods, and engage in advocacy issues. BRAC International will implement an integrated and holistic model to address the various life cycles of a young woman living in poverty, ensuring she is able to transition safely from adolescence to adulthood. She will be equipped with the appropriate skills, tools, and access to finance to effectively exercise her agency and build a fulfilling and productive livelihood.
BRAC International is seeking applications from competent, dynamic and selfmotivated individuals to fill the following positions in Uganda.
Head of Human Resource (01 Position)
The Head Human Resources provides customized strategic and operational Human Resource relationships management and services to all the units of BRAC Uganda.
• Lead the development and implementation of high quality Human Resource department strategic plan and AOP relevant to the local context and the organizational priorities.
• Maintains organization staff by establishing a recruiting, testing, interviewing, orientation, deployment and capacity development program; counselling managers on candidate selection, conducting and analysing exit interviews, recommending changes.
• Maintains a pay plan by conducting periodic pay surveys; scheduling and conducting job evaluations; preparing pay budgets; monitoring and scheduling individual pay actions; recommending, planning, and implementing pay structure revisions.
• Ensures planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee work results by training managers to coach and discipline employees; scheduling management conferences with employees; hearing and resolving employee grievances; counselling employees and supervisors.
• Prepare and submit standard monthly, quarterly and annual reports and other supporting documents to the supervisor and relevant partners.
• Maintains employee benefits programs and informs employees of benefits by studying and assessing the benefit needs and trends, recommending benefit programs to management; directing the processing of benefit claims; obtaining and evaluating benefit contract bids, awarding benefit contracts; designing and conducting educational programs on benefit programs.
• Maintains the work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions.
• Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements, conducting investigations; maintaining records, representing the organization at hearings.
• Maintains management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures.
• S/he is in charge of the HR team in terms of recruitment, supervision, annual performance appraisal and capacity development
• Ensure the safety of team members from any harm, abuse, neglect, harassment and exploitation to achieve the program's goals on safeguarding implementation
• Act as a key source of support, guidance and expertise on safeguarding for establishing a safe working environment
• Practice, promote and endorse the issues of safeguarding policy among team members and ensure the implementation of safeguarding standards in every course of action
• Follow the safeguarding reporting procedure in case any reportable incident takes place and encourage others to do the same
• Master's degree in Human Resource management, MBA or related field
• Minimum of 7+ years' experience in Human Resource management of which 5 years' experience should be in a managerial role in the development sector or with INGOs & Multilaterals.
Skills And Competencies
• Knowledge of the HR policies, labour laws and employment act
• Ability to work and manage compensation and Wage Structure
• Computer literacy and good organization and Analytical skills
• Excellent communication skills; both written and verbal and excellent attention to detail
• Report writing, facilitation and presentation skills
• Good interpersonal and networking skills Critical thinking, decision making and creativity
• Flexibility and ability to adapt easily to change.
• Ability to work in a multi-ethnic and multi-cultural environment
Employment Type: Contractual
Job Location: Country Office, Nsambya
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 84
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
Persons with disabilities and women are encouraged to apply. If you feel you are the right match for the above-mentioned position, please follow the application instructions accordingly:
Candidates need to email their CV with a letter of interest mentioning educational level, years of experience, current and expected salary to email@example.com
Please mention the name of the position in the subject bar.
Only complete applications will be accepted and shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application deadline: 11 September 2022
NOTE: BRAC Uganda doesn't charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process from the applicants. Should you have any doubts about the authenticity of any communication purportedly on behalf of BRAC Uganda please send us an email before taking any further action in relation to the issue at hand.
BRAC is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share the same commitment. We believe every stakeholder and every member of the communities we work with has the right to be protected from all forms of harm, abuse, neglect, harassment, and exploitation - regardless of age, race, religion, and gender, status as an individual with a disability or ethnic origin. T herefore, our recruitment process includes extensive reference and background checks, self-disclosure of prior issues regarding sexual or other misconduct and criminal records and our values are a part of our Performance Management System
BRAC is an equal opportunities employer.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.