Headteacher – Primary School in Luwero Town
Jobs at:St Philip Primary School
Deadline of this Job:
Sunday, December 10 2023
Date Posted: Saturday, November 18 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
JOB TITLE: Headteacher – Primary School in Luwero Town
DUTY STATION: Luwero Town
EXPERIENCE: 2 Years Minimum
QUALIFICATION: Minimum Diploma in Teaching (Primary School)
CLOSING DATE: SUNDAY 10TH DECEMBER 2023
Duties and Responsibilities
In charge of overall administration and management of the School
• Plan for physical development of the school and professional development of the staff
• Plan, organize, direct and co-ordinate the teaching programmes and activities of staff and learners
• Ensure proper planning, budgeting and accountability for the school activities and resources in consultation with the Board of Directors
• Encourage creativity, innovation and the use of appropriate new technologies to achieve excellence.
• Challenge underperformance at all levels and ensures effective corrective action and follow-up.
• Supervise and appraise all the employees of the school
• Direct activities concerning student admissions, provision of supplies and welfare of students
• Prepare progress and summary reports for presentation and submission to the Board of Directors
• Keep and maintain School records related to inventory and other related reports (Class Registers, records of work, progress reports and equipment.)
• Supervise preparation of schemes of work and lesson plans on a monthly and weekly basis
• Supervises the non-teaching and support staff
• Enforce discipline in the school
• Ensure integrity of internal and external exams administration and supervision
Supervise preparation of the academic plans, programmes and schedules (Timetable) of the school
• Perform any other duty assigned by the relevant authority.
Qualifications and Working Experience
• Minimum of a Diploma in Education (Primary) from a recognized Training Institution
• Certificate of registration with the Ministry of Education and Sports.
• A minimum of two (2) years working experience as Head teacher
• Exceptional oral & written communication skills
• Proven leadership and administration skills
• Reporting skills, organization and accountability
• Must be male aged over 30 years’ old
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Ugandan nationals to fill posts that have fallen vacant in a Private Nursery and Primary School in Luwero. Applications should be submitted in soft copy to the email address:firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants should submit an application letter, CV and attach photocopies of academic certificates, transcripts, and National ID.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.