Human Resource & Admin Support (Consultancy)
Jobs at:Justice Defenders
Deadline of this Job:
26 May 2023
Date Posted: Sunday, May 14, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Title: Human Resource & Admin Support
Location: Kampala, Uganda
Duration: 3 months
The consultant will be required to provide day to day Human Resource and administrative support to ensure delivery of services within the country office. They will do this by managing all processes and interactions to develop, attract, keep, perform and enable Justice Defenders staff to excel.
The consultant shall facilitate the following support to the Uganda team as per below;
• Facilitate recruitment by assisting in the shortlisting process, participating in interviews, ensuring onboarding formalities are observed and maintaining recruitment records, document verification and background checks
• Coordinate the induction programme for all new employees.
• Maintain staff database and ensure HR operational processes run smoothly including benefits enrollment and termination
• Track employee impact metrics for HR reporting.
• Facilitate leave management for all staff including monitoring and updating leave records on an ongoing basis.
• Assist in populating staff performance metrics, including uploading performance management cycles and supporting the probationary evaluation processes.
• Ensure efficient administration of medical and pension scheme and follow up on staff claims if need be
• Assist in identifying skills development or in-house training opportunities for staff.
• Monitor performance related interviews of all staff as part of the Performance Management process.
• At the country level, manage the HR sections of the online systems and services, applicant tracking system, leave management and other organization information systems,
• Support a variety of logistical tasks such as overseeing and organizing travel & accommodation for staff.
• Counsel, make recommendations, and support all facets of employee relations to ensure effective staff management to include disciplinary action, conflict resolution, performance management etc.
• At least 5 years’ experience in Human Resource
• University degree, preferably in Human Resource Management, Business Administration or another relevant qualification is required. Education requirements may be substituted by experience.
• Professional HR accreditation essential
• Well-developed people skills, high level of emotional intelligence; excellent interpersonal skills, and ability to develop strong trusting relationships with employees at all levels.
• A highly analytical problem-solver and critical thinker, who can define root cause, evaluate alternatives and find solutions effectively.
• Effective written/verbal communication skills, active-listening, counseling, interviewing, investigating and report writing.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.