Human Resource & Admin Support (Consultancy)
Jobs at:Justice Defenders
Deadline of this Job:
02 June 2023
Date Posted: Friday, May 19, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The consultant will be required to provide day to day Human Resource and administrative support to ensure delivery of services within the country office. They will do this by managing all processes and interactions to develop, attract, keep, perform and enable Justice Defenders staff to excel.
• The consultant shall facilitate the following support to the Uganda team as per below;
• Facilitate recruitment by assisting in the shortlisting process, participating in interviews, ensuring onboarding formalities are observed and maintaining recruitment records, document verification and background checks
• Coordinate the induction programme for all new employees.
• Maintain staff database and ensure HR operational processes run smoothly including benefits enrolment and termination
• Track employee impact metrics for HR reporting.
• Facilitate leave management for all staff including monitoring and updating leave records on an ongoing basis.
• Assist in populating staff performance metrics, including uploading performance management cycles and supporting the probationary evaluation processes.
• Ensure efficient administration of medical and pension scheme and follow up on staff claims if need be
• Assist in identifying skills development or in-house training opportunities for staff.
• Monitor performance-related interviews of all staff as part of the Performance Management process.
• At the country level, manage the HR sections of the online systems and services, applicant tracking system, leave management and other organization information systems,
• Support a variety of logistical tasks such as overseeing and organizing travel & accommodation for staff.
• Counsel, make recommendations, and support all facets of employee relations to ensure effective staff management to include disciplinary action, conflict resolution, performance management etc.
• At least 5 years experience in Human Resource
• University degree, preferably in Human Resource Management, Business
• Administration or another relevant qualification is required. Education requirements may be substituted by experience.
• Professional HR accreditation essential
• Well-developed people skills, high level of emotional intelligence; excellent interpersonal skills, and ability to develop strong trusting relationships with employees at all levels.
• A highly analytical problem-solver and critical thinker, who can define root cause, evaluate alternatives and find solutions effectively.
• Effective written/verbal communication skills, active-listening, counselling, interviewing, investigating and report writing.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Essential reading before you apply to Justice Defenders:
We are an unlikely community, doing things others wouldn’t think possible. But the work isn’t easy. We act bravely, take risks, and move forward to a preferred future. One where justice is accessible, reliable, and can be practiced best by those who need it most. For you – and us – to succeed together, we’re looking for someone who can read this list of character traits and answer, with humility, that they are ready to join us.
We especially encourage applications from those who have been in prison, were the recipient of free school meals, or are from the first generation of their family to attend university and from those who consider themselves to have been marginalized.
This consultancy will be for an initial three (3) month period and is open to applicants based in Kampala. The applicants must be legally eligible to work in Uganda. The work will be performed from the Justice Defender's office located in Kampala. .
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Like to apply? Click here.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.