Human Resource Graduate Trainee
Jobs at:Food for the Hungry (FH/U)
Deadline of this Job:
17 May 2023
Date Posted: Tuesday, May 09, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Under the supervision of the Human Resource Manager, the HR Graduate Trainee will be given an opportunity to learn and understand the HR best practices in the humanitarian and development context in all the areas of HR support to country and Kampala staff.
The HR graduate Intern will support all HR functions working closely with the HR team to perform the roles to expectation while upholding FH’s policies and Procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Support all HR functions of Recruitment and on boarding, Performance management, compensation and benefits, training and staff development, timesheet tracking, staff welfare and HR administrative roles as guided by the supervisor.
• Support in records management and proper maintenance of staff personnel files both in soft and hard copies.
• Compile trainings/staff development needs as mapped by different departments, update and maintain relevant trackers.
• Ensures that training completion reports are submitted and kept on file.
• Day to day HR Support
• Perform all other duties assigned by the supervisor.
Job Level Specifications
• Vibrant personal relationship with Christ, understands and applies FH Foundational Principles and Vision and Mission
• Develops and maintains good working relationships with colleagues
• Be highly proactive with personal initiative and drive, honest with a high level of integrity; a team-player with a positive attitude and good planning skills
• Possess the ability to handle multiple projects and work under minimal supervision.
• Excellent Computer skills in MS Office packages
• Possess the ability to work in a team to achieve excellence in execution, committed, accountable and passionate about the work we do.
• Commitment to Food for the Hungry Heartbeat and sensitivity to its various expressions across cultures and denominations.
• Track record demonstrating high integrity, reliable and dependable
• Efficient service delivery
• Proficiency in written and oral English.
• Experience and knowledge of the local employment laws.
• Good knowledge of the HR best practices.
• High level of confidentiality and paying attention to detail
• Very good pastoral sense, listening abilities and inter-personal skills.
• Work with integrity, impartiality, fairness, confidentiality, and the ability to respect confidence.
• Demonstrable experience of working in an active team.
• Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
• Excellent organizational skills used in planning own work and ability to work to targets and deadlines.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• High standard of computer literacy.
Education & Experience
• A university degree in Human resource management, Business administration, organizational Psychology or related course.
• A relevant postgraduate Qualification will be an added advantage.
• Previous experience of at least 3-6 months in a similar role, preferably Human resources in an INGO setting.
• Proficiency in spoken and written English.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
FHU is an equal opportunity employer. All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply by Clearly stating the position applied for in the Subject line and submitting only electronic copies in one pdf file not more than 25MB of an application letter, a detailed CV, contact telephone numbers, copies of relevant testimonials/certificates, names/contact details of three referees, addressed to:
The Human Resources Manager, Food for the Hungry Uganda Email: email@example.com not later than Wednesday 17th May, 2023 at 4:30pm. Consider your application unsuccessful if you don’t hear from us by 31st May, 2023
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.