Internal Auditor Supervisor
Jobs at:Electricity Regulatory Authority
Deadline of this Job:
Friday, April 07 2023
Date Posted: Friday, April 07 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Manager Internal Audit and Risk Contract Length: 5 Years
To review, evaluate and contribute to the improved effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes and perform audit assignments in accordance with the Internal Audit Charter.
Duties/Responsibilities Understanding the business of the Regulator
• Develop a thorough understanding of the business of the Regulator, the relevant risks to achieving its operational goals and the related internal control activities.
• Understand the strategic risks to the organization’s control environment and Governance processes.
Governance, Risk Management and Internal Controls (GRC)
• Assess and make appropriate recommendations for improving the governance processes, risk management and internal control systems at
o ERA. ii. Support the Internal Audit function in fostering an appropriate ethical climate within the organization.
• Support a culture of fraud risk awareness at all levels of the organization.
Audit Engagement Planning
• Develop and draft engagement plans considering the objectives of the activity under audit, the key risks it faces, the controls responding to those risks, audit tests and any opportunities for improvement in performance.
• Ensure that every audit engagement has clear objectives, and the established audit scope is sufficient to achieve the objectives of the audit engagements.
• Determine the appropriate and sufficient resources to achieve engagement objectives based on an evaluation of the nature and complexity of each engagement, time constraints, and available resources.
• Conduct audits on the audit universe of the Authority as informed by the risk based internal audit plan.
• Identify sufficient, reliable, relevant, and useful information to achieve the audit engagement’s identified objectives.
• Perform appropriate analysis, evaluation and documentation to obtain sufficient, reliable, relevant, and useful information to support the conclusions and engagement results.
• Analyze the financial, operational and management processes and system control effectiveness and efficiency with a view to improvement and propose value adding recommendations.
• Evaluate the adequacy of risk management and internal control framework in meeting the operational and control objectives of ERA.
• Assess and report on the conformity of operations and processes to applicable laws and current policies and international best practice. Implementation Follow‐up
• Regularly follow‐uponengagementfindings and Management’s implementation of recommendations adopted by the Authority
• Committee. ii. Carry out post audit survey on every audit engagement to obtain feedback from auditees.
• Draft internal audit reports for the review in conformity with the requirements of ISPPIA (International Standards on the Professional
o Practice of Internal Auditing). ii. Draft preliminary versions of other Audit Committee papers for the review if required.
• Submit the quarterly Internal Audit Reports to the Office of Internal Auditor General (IAG) within the required timelines.
• Take initiative in enhancing and retaining the skills and competences necessary to deliver on the mandate of the position.
• Take initiative in achieving the required Continuous Professional Development hours (CPDs) annually with the relevant professional bodies.
Academic Qualifications and Working Experience
• An Honours degree in Commerce, Accounting, Accounting and Finance, Business Administration, Risk Management or a related field.
• At least Level III of CPA or ACCA.
• Being a member of the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) is an added advantage but not mandatory.
• Risk management certification (ISO 31000) is a requirement.
• CISA (Certified Information Systems Auditor) certification is an added advantage.
• Experience in using Teammate audit software is desirable
• At least three (03) years relevant working experience in auditing,
• Should be 35 years of age and below.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Visit (www.pila‐consultants.com) to download andread full job descriptions. If you believe you have the relevant qualificationsand experience, please send your detailedApplication and CV demonstrating possession ofthe relevant competencies, current position, names and addresses of three referees via email firstname.lastname@example.org ; not later than 5.00pm. 7th April, 2023 quoting the position ofinterest in the subject line.
N.B: Members of the Electricity Regulatory Authority or Staff of ERA shall not be accepted as referees. Canvassing or any attempt thereof will lead to immediate disqualification. ERA is an equal opportunity employer.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
PILA Consultants Ltd
Partners in Learning and Action Consultants
Plot 648, Nanfumbambi RoadKikoni, Makerere West
P. O. Box 9092 Kampala‐Uganda,
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.