Jobs at:Electricity Regulatory Authority
Deadline of this Job:
Friday, April 07 2023
Date Posted: Friday, April 07 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Supervisor Manager Legal Services
Contract Length 5 years
To provide legal services, monitoring and enforcement of compliance bylicensees.
• Strengthen and disseminate industry competition rules, guidelines and protection ofconsumers.
• Monitor licensees to ensure adherence to their licenses, the Electricity Act and the regulations thereto and to ensure that performance standards and targets areachieved.
• Review and advise the Authority about key legal issues arising from contracts entered into by licensees like power Purchase or sales Agreements, Concession Agreements, Fuel Supply Agreements,
• Implementation Agreements and any otherAgreements
• Enforce compliance by permit holders and installation permitholders.
• Liaise with external counsel to enforce compliance and follow up on judicial processes instituted or pending.
• Determine License and Permit enforcementprocedures and sensitize public about key issues in licensing procedure and withdrawalmechanism.
• Communicate compliance issues to licenseecompanies and attend to conflict and dispute resolution aspects.
• Prepare and update dispute resolution guidelines and handle customer complaints and disputes between ERA and otherorganizations.
• Attend to any other duties as may be reasonablyassigned by the Supervisor or Management.
Academic Qualifications and Working experience
• Bachelor of Laws (LLB) (Hons) 2nd Upper from a reputable University.
• Post Graduate Diploma (PG.DipLP) in Legal Practice.
• Enrolled Advocate of High Court of Uganda.
• Minimum of 3 years relevant working experience in a reputable organization or law firm and industry experience in regulated or compliance industries.
• Should be 35 years of age and below.
• Compliance and or litigation
• Negotiation and influencing skills.
• Excellent Planning and organizational skills.
• Good oral and written communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills and high level of integrity
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Visit (www.pila‐consultants.com) to download andread full job descriptions. If you believe you have the relevant qualificationsand experience, please send your detailedApplication and CV demonstrating possession ofthe relevant competencies, current position, names and addresses of three referees via email firstname.lastname@example.org ; not later than 5.00pm. 7th April, 2023 quoting the position ofinterest in the subject line.
N.B: Members of the Electricity Regulatory Authority or Staff of ERA shall not be accepted as referees. Canvassing or any attempt thereof will lead to immediate disqualification. ERA is an equal opportunity employer.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
PILA Consultants Ltd
Partners in Learning and Action Consultants
Plot 648, Nanfumbambi RoadKikoni, Makerere West
P. O. Box 9092 Kampala‐Uganda,
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.