Jobs at:Kabale University
Deadline of this Job:
02 June 2023
Date Posted: Friday, May 26, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
To assist in providing routine and basic support services in the University Library.
Duties And Responsibilities
• Assists library users in locating required library materials and handles inquiries about Library services.
• Processes loaned and returned library materials using both manual and electronic system (KOHA).
• Sorts, dusts and shelves books and other reading materials.
• Maintains library records and performs security checks.
• Opens and closes the library as stipulated.
• Monitors the security of books, furniture and other assets of the library.
• Assists in Library stock taking maintenance and preservation including reading shelf reading arrangement and mounting displays.
• Operates reprography equipment in the library including photocopiers and scanners.
• Assist user in accessing and using e-resources
• Should have a Diploma in Library Studies or Information Science from a recognized institution.
• Should have at least two (2) years working experience in library services of a reputable institution.
• Should have knowledge and skills on current library systems eg KOHA, electronic resources
• Should have good organizational skills and interpersonal relationship skills. Computer literacy is an added advantage.
• Must be a member of professional Association
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
Submit applications to the University through the following address not later than 2nd June 2023 at 5 pm.
PO Box 317, Kabale.
Kabale University Kampala Liaison Office
3rd Floor, Reev House, Plot 515,
Bombo Road, Wandegeya -Kampala.
NB: Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.
Applicants shall be subjected to background check.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.