Manager Project Planning and Development Supervisor
Jobs at:Electricity Regulatory Authority
Deadline of this Job:
Friday, April 07 2023
Date Posted: Friday, April 07 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Director Technical Regulation Contract Length: 5 Years
Job Purpose: Lead and Coordinate timely evaluation of project applications, monitor and evaluate project developments and promote investments in the electricity sector
• Guide timely evaluation of new project applications both at permit and licensee stage for appropriateness in line with ERA’s requirements andSOPs.
• Initiate the preparation of permit and license application evaluation reports for Management decisions
• Ensure communication of recommended changes to project Applicants in a timelymanner.
• Oversee on‐site and off‐site monitoring and evaluation of progress of projectimplementation.
• Manage an up‐to‐date database of all on‐goingprojects.
• Implement an effective project monitoring and evaluation framework.
• Promote development of renewable and alternative sources of electricity inUganda.
• Participate in energy planning (forecast of demand vis‐s‐vis supply) for the county and provide appropriate guidance to Management for decision makingpurposes.
• Represent Electricity Regulatory Authority in sector stakeholder seminars, meetings andworkshops.
• Prepare reports on new projects & investments in generation for appropriateness.
• Participate in the development of work plans & budgets for projects unit and the Technical Regulation Department.
• Undertake sector Stakeholder sensitization andeducation.
• Supervise, appraise, mentor, develop and train staff in yourunit
• Perform any other duties as may be reasonably assigned by the Supervisor or Management.
Academic Qualifications and Working Experience
• Master's Degree in Electrical or Civil Engineering and Business Administration.
• An Honors Degree preferably in Civil or Electrical Engineering with a bias in electric power systems or power generation plants.
• The candidate should be a registered Engineer or registrable with Uganda Engineers Registration Board with in one year.
• Must have 5 years relevant working experience in a technical/engineering environment ofan electricity generation, transmission, distribution and sales utility or comparable organization 5. Should be 30 years of age and above but less than 45 years of age.
• Project managementskills.
• Engineering design including computer‐based design techniques.
• Skilled in Monitoring and Evaluation ofProjects.
• Knowledge of electricity systems, particularly hydro‐electricitysystems.
• Conversant with Electricity Policy of Ugandagovernment.
• Technicalinnovationskillsandgoodinterpersonalandco mmunicationskills. 7. Should be a teamplayer.
• Good communication skills (written andoral).
• Proficiency in relevant computerpackages.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Visit (www.pila‐consultants.com) to download andread full job descriptions. If you believe you have the relevant qualificationsand experience, please send your detailedApplication and CV demonstrating possession ofthe relevant competencies, current position, names and addresses of three referees via email email@example.com ; not later than 5.00pm. 7th April, 2023 quoting the position ofinterest in the subject line.
N.B: Members of the Electricity Regulatory Authority or Staff of ERA shall not be accepted as referees. Canvassing or any attempt thereof will lead to immediate disqualification. ERA is an equal opportunity employer.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
PILA Consultants Ltd
Partners in Learning and Action Consultants
Plot 648, Nanfumbambi RoadKikoni, Makerere West
P. O. Box 9092 Kampala‐Uganda,
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.