Jobs at:Marie Stopes International
Deadline of this Job:
Friday, December 01 2023
Date Posted: Saturday, November 18 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Reporting to the Clinical Services Lead, the purpose of this role is to provide nursing and midwifery care services basing on the set standards with an aim of achieving client satisfaction and organizational goals. To help maintain women’s health before pregnancy, during pregnancy, labour, delivery and pueperium. To provide essential care of the newborn and support mothers with effective breastfeeding. To attend to other clients and offer the necessary and appropriate Nursing care.
• Keeping and maintaining a clean and orderly working environment.
• Providing pre-pregnancy counselling to individuals and couples
• Conducting focused antenatal care and identify high risk cases for referrals.
• Providing safe and clean intrapartum and postpartum care with emphasis to prevention of infection and complications to mother and baby.
• Providing information and support to parents of newborn babies
• Providing advice and support to parents coping with miscarriage, stillbirth, and neonatal death.
• Offering quality post abortion care services
• Writing reports and documenting the performed assessments and care.
• Attending duties as per the duty schedule
• Working together with other hospital staff for the betterment of client/patient care
• Implementing the hospital and nursing protocols and guidelines.
• Educating and counseling clients on sexual and reproductive health issues
• Making wish lists for required hospital sundries, equipment, medicines and other supplies for specific wards/units
• Utilizing hospital sundries equipment, medicines and other supplies efficiently.
• Accounting for the ward/unit sundries, equipment, medicines and other supplies
• Adhering to nurses’ ethical code of conduct.
• Giving a daily verbal and written report to the Clinical Services lead.
• Carrying out any other duty as delegated by the supervisor.
Knowledge and Experience
• Ability to discuss issues of sexuality and reproductive health with male and female clients of all ages.
• Experience and knowledge of FP service delivery at community level (previous outreach experience preferred)
• Experience and knowledge of newborn and infant immunization
• Experience working as part of a highly functioning team.
• Excellent record keeping and time management.
• Attention for detail.
• Ability to monitor labour using a partogram and promptly identify and attend to complications
• Proven skills in problem solving and effective conflict resolution
• Computer literate (ability to effectively enter and maintain client records through an electronic database)
• Demonstrable ability to offer standardized nursing and midwifery care
• • Adherence to Nurses’ ethical code of conduct and integrity • Demonstrate experience in infection control and prevention
• Demonstrable experience in managing health care data and report writing in a busy environment.
• Good data analytical skills including database administration, web-based and mobile-based application programming.
• Ability to work in deadline driven/results orientated atmospheres.
• Ability to work and communicate effectively with people from different background
• Ability to follow instructions and procedures
• Excellent oral and writing abilities.
• Good team player.
• Good planner
• Ability to ensure patient safety, privacy and confidentiality
• Demonstrable experience in Emergency preparedness and care
• Good public relations and customer care
Qualifications and Training (essential/ desirable)
• Diploma in Registration in Midwifery and Nursing
• Registered with the Uganda Nurses and Midwifery Council and holds a valid practicing license.
• Nursing and midwifery care experience for 3 years and above
• Able to work on full time basis under minimal supervision
Successful performance at MSI is not simply defined in terms of ‘what’ people achieve, but equally is about ‘how’ people go about their jobs and the impact that they have on others. We encourage and expect all team members will demonstrate the following behaviours:
• Thinking ahead and taking action to make the most of opportunities by finding the optimum solution
• Thinking creatively and outside of the box so that ideas generated create a positive outcome
• Communicating through active listening and good questioning techniques, using appropriate body language, ensuring information is clear and concise.
• Being responsive to changing priorities and demands
• Planning, prioritising and organising work to ensure work is accurate and deadlines are met
• Sharing information and knowledge whilst maintaining confidentiality
Focus on Learning.
• Taking responsibility for keeping knowledge and skills updated and for seeking opportunities to develop further
• Awareness and understanding of goals, vision and values and how your role impacts on this and going the extra mile to meet role requirements
• Drive and determination to deliver results
• Taking responsibility for appropriate decisions that you make, and the actions and behaviour you demonstrate
• Openness to embracing change within the organisation and being able to adjust plans/activities accordingly
• Motivation towards achieving quality results to maximise potential
• Working as part of a team by being supportive, flexible, and showing respect for each other
MSI Behaviours and Values
Team Member Behaviours
Work as One MSI
• You contribute, use, and share accurate data and evidence to improve understanding, insight, and decision-making across MSI, enabling us to maximise our ability to influence others.
• You share relevant knowledge, expertise, and resources to strengthen teamwork and prevent duplication of effort.
• You actively work as part of a team, providing support and flexibility to colleagues, demonstrating fairness, understanding and respect for all people and cultures.
• Show courage, authenticity and integrity
• You hold yourself accountable for the decisions you make and the behaviours you demonstrate.
• You are courageous in challenging others and taking appropriate managed risks.
• Develop and grow
• You seek feedback to enable greater self-awareness and provide the same to others in a way which inspires them to be even more effective.
• You manage your career development including keeping your knowledge and skills up to date.
Deliver excellence, always
• You strive to consistently meet and exceed expectations, putting clients at the centre of everything, and implement smarter, more efficient ways of performing your role.
• You build and maintain effective long-term working relationships with all stakeholders and are a true MSI ambassador.
Leadership (For Leaders only)
• You inspire individuals and teams, through situational leadership, providing clear direction.
• You seek and provide opportunities which motivate team members, helping to develop skills and potential whilst strengthening our talent and succession pipeline.
• You are aware of emerging developments in our sector, demonstrating strategic insight about our clients and business and encourage this in your team.
• You articulate a vision of the future which inspires and excites others.
• Mission driven: With unwavering commitment, we exist to empower women and men to have children by choice not chance.
• Client centred: We are passionate about our clients and dedicate our efforts to delivering agreed objectives to the highest possible quality.
• Accountable: We are accountable for our actions and take responsibility for everything we do to ensure long term sustainability and increased impact.
• Courageous: We recruit and nurture talented, passionate, and brave people who have the courage to push boundaries, make tough decisions and challenge others in line with our mission.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
You are encouraged to apply for the above positions provided you meet the specified minimum job requirements.
To apply for the positions, Please send your applications to the Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (you must attach your CV)
and indicate the position you are applying for in the Subject line.
The deadline for applications is Friday, 1st December 2023.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.