Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Advisor
Jobs at:The Joint Clinical Research Centre (JCRC)
Deadline of this Job:
Tuesday, May 30 2023
Date Posted: Friday, May 19 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Joint Clinical Research Centre (JCRC) is an indigenous medical organization that was established in 1991 as a limited liability not-for-profit Joint-venture between the Uganda Ministry of Health (MoH), Ministry of Defense and Makerere University Medical School (now Makerere University College of Health Sciences). JCRC is located on plot 101 Lubowa Hill Off Entebbe Road P.O. Box 10005 Kampala.
Joint Clinical Research Centre seeks dynamic, motivated and innovative candidates for the position in the USAID LPHS Kigezi & Lango project based in Kigezi.
About the JCRC USAID/LPHS- Kigezi & Lango:
USAID’s Local Partner Health Services – Kigezi & Lango is a five-year Activity implemented by Joint Clinical Research Centre (JCRC) as a transition mechanism from USAID RHITES SW and USAID RHITES-N, Lango to continue implementation of service delivery activities (HIV & TB) in Ankole and Kigezi as well as Lango regions.
Title: Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Advisor
Reports to: Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Director
Supervises: M&E Officers
Contract Duration: one-year renewable
Location: Kabale district
Under the overall direction of the Director Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning, the Monitoring & Evaluation Advisor is responsible for supporting the design and implementation of the project’s monitoring, evaluation and learning agenda. He/she will ensure functionality of systems to measure and document program process, outputs and impact results by routinely and systematically collecting and analyzing program data and presenting program results to project staff, and donors.
Specific duties and responsibilities:
Project M&E systems
• Coordinate and work with other project staff (Technical advisors and officers) to design, implement and manage a robust project M&E system.
• Participate in the development and review process of the project’s Activity Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Plan (AMELP).
• Conduct frequent and routine data verification and quality assessment exercises as per project requirements.
• Participate in PEPFAR reporting to ensure timely submission of PEPFAR specific project data
• Ensure project specific reporting platforms are updated i.e. Project database, HIBRID, PIRS, DIS.
• On a regular basis, prepare and ensure timely submission of project performance monitoring plans, including developing and defining program indicators and sources of data, as well as contributing to annual work plans, quarterly and annual reports and other project documents.
• Track project monitoring indicators for all (or specified) project health component activities and periodically provide data to the project’s Senior Management Team.
• Document progress on outcome level indicators attributable to project interventions at appropriate geographical levels including community level indicators.
• Conduct routine and frequent data analyses, including designing of various innovative data presentation and visualization tools (including maps), and share results with supervisor and the project Technical team.
• Working with the concerned staff in development and management of project databases.
• Participate in the planning for dissemination and lessons learned and present results of program achievements and outputs in written reports and at conferences and meetings.
• Provide technical and coordination support to M&E officers to effectively and routinely support the Cluster project and different service delivery points i.e. health facilities and community centres.
Government HMIS strengthening
• Support the Cluster M&E Officers to provide technical and coordination support to district, facility and community teams to effectively and routinely collect, analyze, and report service delivery and program data and improve the quality of their records and data.
• Ensure that all stakeholders (including Cluster technical teams) in the collection and management of the data to be used by the project have a clear understanding of the results framework, indicators and the data collection tools.
• Work with District Biostatisticians to prioritize and plan jointly interventions to strengthen HMIS systems in the supported Districts.
• Using Quality improvement methods, support M&E officers to initiate quality improvement projects to improve data quality and enhance data use
• Education in Statistics, Public Health, Social Work, M&E or related field
• Extensive experience in monitoring & evaluation, including data analysis and data use for decision making with USAID project is required; PEPFAR is most preferred.
• Appropriate software skills necessary to conduct, analysis of project data.
• Strong written and oral communication skills for high-level policy audiences
• Excellent coordination, and information management skills
• Experience analyzing big datasets using excel and use of audit tools
• Strong written and oral communication skills for high-level policy audiences especially at county level.
• Excellent coordination, and information management skills.
• The ability to work well under minimum pressure and skills problem solving.
• Ability and willingness to travel frequently within Kigezi region and work under field conditions.
Note: JCRC is an equal opportunity employer. Any attempts of influencing the recruitment process will lead to automatic disqualification. The public is further strongly advised to be vigilant about fraudsters masquerading to be recruiting on JCRC’s behalf using Whatsapp and other unofficial means of communication.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months:
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
All applications should be addressed to The Manager Human Resource & Development Joint Clinical Research Centre via email@example.com. Applicants are STRICTLY advised to apply with a cover letter and CV combined in one PDF document not exceeding six pages.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.