Monitoring, Results & Measurement Specialist: MSE Recovery Fund
Jobs at:FSD uganda
Deadline of this Job:
Tuesday, October 03 2023
Date Posted: Tuesday, September 19 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
About this role
The M&E Officer is responsible for designing, implementing, and managing a monitoring and evaluation frameworks for the MSE recovery program.
• Monitoring and Data collection: Design and implementing monitoring systems that capture relevant data and indicators. Create data collection tools, establish data collection schedules, and ensure accurate and consistent data collection from various program activities:
• Oversee data collection, analysis of results, and compilation of lessons learned; ensuring that data is accurate, valid, and analysed in a way that generates meaningful insight for FSD Uganda teams and wider stakeholders.
• Work alongside Intervention teams; ensure that adequate emphasis is given to Monitoring & Evaluation, Knowledge Management & Learning throughout project implementation.
• Work with the Intervention Managers and with colleagues to prepare a schedule to visit Participating Financial Institutions (PFIs) (e.g. monitoring visits, project reviews, evaluations, audit visits etc); ensure effective coordination to minimise disruption to the PFIs operations.
• Framework Design: Develop robust monitoring and evaluation frameworks to measure the program's results against its intended objectives. This includes defining clear indicators, targets, and data collection methodologies to track program progress and assess impact:
• Work with Intervention Leads to ensure that research plans and protocols are fit-for-purpose and compliant with good practice.
• Ensure that the MRM system is fit-for-purpose, compliant with DCED standards and Donor expectations for good practice and meets objectives of ‘proving’ and ‘improving’.
• Ensure that gender and inclusion is effectively mainstreamed across the R&I system, including sex-disaggregated data and gender-sensitive data collection; ensure all data collection processes follow appropriate ethical and safeguarding standards.
• Evaluation and Impact Assessment: Design evaluation methodologies, use gathered data to analyse findings, identify areas of improvement and present actionable insights to the program team:
• Plan, coordinate, and conduct program evaluations.
• Use quantitative and qualitative methods to measure outcomes and impact.
• Learning and Adaptation: Analyse data, trends, and evaluation results to extract valuable lessons and insights that will be used. These insights to inform decision-making, refine approaches, and make evidence-based adjustments to enhance impact:
• Identify lessons learned from monitoring activities and facilitate their incorporation into program design and implementation.
Reporting: Prepare regular progress reports and impact assessments for various stakeholders, including MCF, and internal leadership:
• Ensure timely preparation of reports to Key stakeholders.
• Specifications For the Role
• Minimum of bachelor’s degree in economics, statistics, development studies or any other relevant field
• Post Graduate Degree in Monitoring and Evaluation, Development Economics, Research, or other related field is preferred
• Professional qualifications in monitoring and statistical techniques
• Certification in Project Management (e.g. PMP/ PRINCE2) is an added advantage.
• Relevant Experience
• At least 5 years’ experience in monitoring and measuring results to inform developmental initiatives. Prior experience in applying these skills in a Financial Sector Development/ inclusive finance context is preferred.
• Demonstrated commitment to academic integrity and a track record of analysing both successes and failures for opportunities to improve; experience of Quality Management Systems or approaches an advantage.
• Track record of developing and managing an MEL system in practice; including developing data collection tools and analytical frameworks.
• Proven experience in conducting and managing baselines and evaluations.
• Demonstrable experience in the application of Knowledge Management techniques in both managing and disseminating information; ability to work with databases and MIS systems.
• Team player. Ability to work effectively with colleagues across the organisation.
Critical Technical Skills & Knowledge:
• Experience of working in a multi-cultural environment.
• Understanding of monitoring and results management concepts and processes.
• Excellent spoken and written English language communication skills.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Application procedure: Email your curriculum vitae and cover letter to email@example.com. The email subject line should be; Application for the Monitoring, Results & Measurement Specialist: MSE Recovery Fund Position.
FSD Uganda is an equal opportunity employer. Women, people with disabilities and others that fit the profile above are encouraged to apply.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.