Monitoring & Evaluation Officer Announcement
Jobs at:Health Access Connect
Deadline of this Job:
09 December 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, November 23, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Position: FP Monitoring & Evaluation Officer
Location: Masaka with frequent visits to Kalangala and Lwengo
Organization: Health Access Connect, https://healthaccessconnect.org
Health Access Connect is seeking a Family Planning Monitoring and Evaluation Officer to join our team in Masaka, Uganda. The FM&E Officer will report to the Research Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator. He/she will track all services delivery data and support data collection and entry into the project systems. The officer will conduct data verification exercises on a regular basis to ensure the accuracy and consistency of the submitted data. He/she will ensure follow up on facilities and outreaches with discrepant data, perform routine data cleaning, back up, and update the project database according to the results of the data verification. He/she will also ensure that project reports are properly filed for easy reference.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Work closely with the Project Coordinator and Research Monitoring and Evaluation coordinator to implement the project M&E plan.
• Ensure all outreach and facility reports are reviewed using data management standards i.e. timeliness, completeness and accuracy, and in consultation with the Research Monitoring and Evaluation coordinator.
• Ensure the data is tracked and verified for consistency and quality issues prior to being entered into HAC systems and dashboards.
• Follow up on missing reports and those that have quality and consistency issues with the respective outreaches and facilities to allow for timely updates.
• Conduct routine data cleaning on the database and maintenance in consultation with the RME coordinator.
• Generate/update data summary reports to be shared with project teams on a monthly basis.
• Conduct GIS mapping of outreaches and health facilities as needed.
• Participate in MER trainings and follow up on Outreach and facility data quality issues/queries as required.
• Provide monthly analysis with updates on the project implementation status and point out areas of concern; generate recommendations for corrective action by the implementation team.
• Participate in District and activity performance review/sharing and feedback meetings.
• Perform any other duties that may be assigned by the Research M&E coordinator and other supervisor(s) from time to time as need arises.
Background & Qualifications
• University degree in statistics, information Technology, Economics, social sciences or related discipline from a reputable institution. Post graduate qualification in Monitoring and Evaluation is an added advantage.
• Three years, experience in data analysis preferably health related data.
• Familiarity in HMIS, DHIS2, UgandaEMR and other National systems is an added advantage
• Experience using software applications such as SPSS, Kobo-Toolbox, or statistics software such as SPSS.
• Excellent skills in the use of computers (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Proficiency in both written and spoken English.
• Attention to detail and accuracy in data management, analysis, and reporting.
• Cooperative, competent, hardworking, flexible and dependable in a multi-cultural, open office situation.
• Self-motivated and proactive with a positive attitude to work.
• Effective communicator and team player, instilling trust and confidence.
• Ability to organize and coordinate information and logistics for programs and activities.
• Experience working in the public health sector and remote villages
• Experience with ArcGIS or using geographical data
• This position is designed as a full-time (40 hours/week) position. Compensation is UGX 2,500,000 per month before taxes. Insurance, Field travel expenses will be paid for by Health Access Connect.
The mission of Health Access Connect is to link remote communities to healthcare. HAC currently pursues this mission through three programs:
1. Medicycles: We use microfinance Boda Bodas to bring Ugandan government health workers to set up one-day mobile clinics in remote villages. In those clinics, health workers give HIV testing, antiretroviral treatment, immunizations, perinatal services, family planning, and many other services available in rural health centers.
2. Technical Advising: We collaborate with the Africa Resource Center and the Uganda Ministry of Health to teach and empower PEPFAR implementing partner organizations to implement the HAC outreach clinic model in an effort to improve service provision to people living with HIV and all other residents of remote communities.
3. Treat & Teach: We improve access to family planning in the communities of Masaka and Kalangala districts by a) providing low-density high-frequency certificate training to health workers, b) setting up outreach clinics in remote communities, c) generating demand by collaborating with community health workers (VHTs), and d) reducing commodity stockouts by providing buffer stocks and improving commodity tracking at partner health facilities.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Applications should be submitted on the Family Planning Monitoring & Evaluation Officer application page by Wednesday 9th December 2022. Click here to access the Application page
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.