Monitoring and Evaluations Manager
Jobs at:Spark Microgrants
Deadline of this Job:
Friday, March 31 2023
Date Posted: Friday, March 31 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
ABOUT SPARK MICROGRANTS
Spark Microgrants believes in a world where everyone lives with dignity and determines their own positive future. Decades of prescriptive aid have sidelined the poor from the very programs meant to uplift them. We believe in local solutions and catalyzing rural villages facing poverty into action.
At the heart of Spark’s model, the Facilitated Collective Action Process (FCAP), are ‘town-hall’ style weekly meetings, in which women, men, young, old, plan together for their community’s future. Each village elects a leadership committee, establishes a village savings account, and launches a project of their choice. Members receive training on financial management, transparency, leadership, village planning, and advocacy.
Spark trains partner organizations and works with governments to scale the FCAP as the model of choice to advance social and economic development, improve lives, and secure lasting change.
Spark is now active in 500+ villages in 6 countries, improving the lives of over 500,000 people.
As a team, we share a set of common values that shape how we work. These are:
1. Facilitators. We don’t impose; we enable others to generate impact.
2. Community-driven. We are motivated by what is best for the community.
3. Process-centered. The how of what we do is just as important as the what.
4. Authentic. Our vision and values live in everything we do.
5. Dynamic. We seek opportunit
ABOUT THE ROLE
This role is crucial as we adapt and scale our model for families facing poverty to engage and lead in local planning and action. We need you to make sure we have 100% confidence in our data. and can use them to make smart decisions as an organization as well as help our partners do the same.
Under the supervision of the M&E Director, the MEL manager will manage the development of MEL plans for Spark’s implementing partners across all the countries of operation, manage the design and execution of our internal evaluations studies, lead the design of data collection tools for both Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning purposes, Analyze MEL data and share insights with the Senior Management Team to facilitate decision making as well as working with the product team to implement the data quality assurance plan to ensure that high quality data are collected.
1. Strengthen Spark's internal Monitoring and Evaluation system to ensure Spark is collecting high-quality data and evidence
1. Iterate and improve on the current MEL plans to ensure that it is participatory, that data is robust, good data quality checks are in place and that routine processes are automated and reproducible
2. Identify gaps in current M&E systems, develop strategies to fill them and document processes and best practices
3. Work closely with the product team and other teams to ensure database and dashboards are up to date, of high quality and geared towards users
2. Collect, analyze and share data to enable teams to take data driven decisions
1. Contribute to a culture of data driven decision making by ensuring that data collected meets program needs and is analysed and disseminated in real-time and in a format that sparks conversation
2. In collaboration with Spark’s learning officer, support teams in building out analysis and learning plans for programmatic pilots
3. In collaboration with the team, support our partners to build strong M&E systems
1. In collaboration with the team, work with our partners to adapt our monitoring and evaluation tools (including baseline, midline, and endline surveys) and theory of change to their context and allow them to be in the driving seat of their program and quality control.
2. Collaborate closely with other Spark teams such as the design and training department to support roll-out of and training on these systems across all partners.
3. Model a service mentality of adapting and designing M&E systems that make it easy for Spark and our partners to track and improve the quality of their programs.
4. Lead MEL strategy and team
1. Reporting directly to the M&E Director, drive M&E strategy including setting and achieving team and organizational goals.
2. Manage, develop and retain a team of M&E staff and ensure all staff have clear responsibility domains, deliverables, growth opportunities, and support to achieve their goals.
3. Build technical and statistical capacity within the M&E team through trainings and 1:1 support
1. A masters degree degree in a quantitative discipline from a recognized university
2. Strong quantitative and qualitative analysis skills
3. A minimum of Five years’ of work experience in leading the design of M&E systems, data analysis and reporting.
4. Proven track record in developing viable M&E approaches and methodologies and demonstrable knowledge of major M&E conceptual frameworks
5. Strong knowledge of Statistical software Stata, SPSS, R.
6. Experience in leading teams
7. Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
8. High level of attention to detail
9. Flexible and able to adapt to change
WHY WORK WITH US?
1. You will be joining a dynamic team that hails from ten countries around the world and is committed to our vision
2. You will have the freedom and autonomy to make your role your own. We want to hear your innovative ideas, your vision for the future, and your critical questions.
3. We respect and value work-life balance and your need for downtime, vacation, and reflection.
4. You will join a dynamic and growing organization with a clear pathway to learning and career advancement.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
Location will be Kampala or Kigali with ~ 20% travel within East Africa.
We will agree on learning and performance objectives for an initial probation period lasting three months from on-boarding.
Application end date: 31st March 2023.
Expected Start Date: 1st May 2023
All applications should come through the link: https://sparkmicrogrants.bamboohr.com/careers/61
Or, Click here to Apply
Our safeguarding follows a do no harm principle. All Spark staff are expected to respect and uphold the safeguarding procedures and principles to minimise harm to stakeholders, program participants, and the environment, in compliance with the World Bank Environmental and Social Framework and Rwandan Legislation.
Spark Microgrants provides equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. Employment decisions at Spark are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities.
Spark does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Spark will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in undue hardship to daily operations.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.