NOTICE OF EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI) DESIGN AND DEVELOPMENT OF THE NATIONAL EMERGENCY MEDICAL SERVICES CALL & DISPATCH SYSTEM
1. The Ministry of Health (MOH) has allocated funds to design and develop the National Emergency Medical Services Call and Dispatch System. The system will be leveraged by the decentralised Medical Emergency Coordination Centres to increase the proportion of emergency patients receiving ambulance response within one hour from the current 10% to 50% (from 138,063 to 690,315 patients) within 3 years and strengthen the functionality of referrals and emergencies integrating with the Electronic Medical Record Systems. The Ministry of Health has prioritised Emergency medical services through health system strengthening initiatives. With reference to the WHO Emergency Care framework, efforts have targeted components at scene care, ambulance transportation, and facility-based emergency care. The Department of Emergency Medical Services has embarked on initiatives to provide coordinated ambulance services essential for the safe transportation of patients through these times. Ambulance services, however, are currently mostly segmented, with the majority of ambulances attached to health facilities, for inter-facility patient transfers, with a few dedicated ambulance provider organisations (NGO and private). Though physically in place, ambulances (public & private) across most parts of the country are not coordinated, at district, regional or national levels.
2. The Entity now invites eligible firms to submit sealed expressions of interest for the above services.
3. Interested firms should provide information demonstrating that they are eligible and possess the required qualifications to perform the services supported with relevant documentation.
Similar Jobs in Uganda
Learn more about The Ministry of Health (MOH)
The Ministry of Health (MOH) jobs in Uganda
4. The short-listing criteria will include:
a) Eligibility criteria -
Copy of Certificate of registration/Incorporation or equivalent, Memorandum and Articles of Association or equivalent, registered powers of attorney, Income tax clearance certificate for the year 2023, valid trading/operating license of 2023 from an authorised Authority or equivalent. In case of Joint Venture (JV), letter of intent to form JV or JV agreements.
b) Experience and Capability
The firm(s) should have at least Five (5) years of expertise and experience in development of software for healthcare sectors especially in emergency management.
The firm(s) should present level two experience approved by National Information Technology Authority (NITA) or equivalent. Where the firm is not registered in Uganda, they should submit an alternative document or statement affirming that the document is not available in the bidder's country.
The bidder must have experience in the development of Medical Call and Dispatch Centre solutions and or Emergency Medical Services dispatch systems.
The firm should have experience in GPS and GIS applications, experience in Electronic Medical Records and also Health Management Information Systems or equivalent.
The bidders should have experience of at least four years on projects of similar scope in Uganda or any country in sub-Saharan Africa with the ability to integrate seamlessly to other local third-party healthcare strengthening systems.
The firm(s) should present local participation/ partner with a minimum 5 years' experience in software and application development in the area of digital health.
The bidders should demonstrate relevant experience of the firm as well as experience and qualification of key personnel.
The bidder shall have adequate technical manpower to carry out the project and complete it on time as per the schedule. All the professionals should possess relevant degrees in the mentioned fields of study until the end of the development cycle.
The Project Manager, System Analysts, Developers or any other technical member of the team must be committed to the project until the product is accepted by the MOH, unless under force majeure circumstances whereby permission to replace a particular resource may be sought in written form, from the MOH on a condition that there would not be a major impact on the project
The minimum professional's requirement for the assignment are a) Project Manager
b) Software Architects/ System Analysts
c) Software Security Specialist
d) Systems Developer
e) Database Administrator/Data
f) Software Tester.
g) Public Health Specialist with relevant experience in emergency medical services.
5. Firms may associate with other firms in the form of a joint venture to enhance their qualifications. The form of association, where applicable, should be indicated in the Expression of Interest.
6. Interested eligible firms may obtain further information at the address given below from 8:30am 5:00pm during Official working hours before closing date or by sending an email to email@example.com
7. Sealed Expressions of Interest must be delivered to the address below at or before 15th June 2023 to
Head Procurement and Disposal Unit Ministry of Health
P. O. Box 7272, Kampala
Plot 6 Lourdel Road Nakasero
Tel: +256 414 256945
8. The detailed notice of expression of interest is available at the Entity's website at www.health.go.ug and at www.ppda.go.ug
9. The planned Procurement schedule (Subject to changes) is as follows:
a. Publication of Notice of Expression of Interest 25th May 2023
b. Closing date for receipt of Expression of Interest 15th June 2023
c. Evaluation of Expressions of Interest 7th July 2023
d. Display of shortlist After EOI report
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.