Play Well Distribution Officer
Jobs at:International Rescue Committee
Deadline of this Job:
27 October 2021
Date Posted: Friday, October 15, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Play Well Distribution Officer will be the key person responsible to implement and manage the content delivery system to beneficiaries in Uganda. S/he will work closely with M&E department to share evidence about the content disseminated over multiple channels and provide data and analytics. The incumbent will ensure effective use of the system by closely coordinating with the technology and distribution partner.
• Develop radio broadcasting schedule in coordination with radio partners and ensure adherence to the broadcasting schedule.
• Coordinate with radio partners to arrange public campaign about radio broadcast and ensure promos are broadcasted as per agreed schedule.
• Coordinate with key stakeholders such as UNHCR, Office of the Prime Minister, District Local Government and education partners in mobilization and distribution of materials
• Work with local communities and key stakeholders in material creation and adaptation
• Participate in sector working group meetings (CPWG,EWG & PWG)
• Proactively monitor radio broadcasting schedule and integrate SMS campaign to inform beneficiaries about the weekly IRI episode.
• Ensure that the IRI episodes are available through radio partner website.
• Manage IVR, SMS, WhatsApp and Facebook Channel (this includes Add, Update and Delete menu items).
• Plan, prepare and manage the distribution of publicity materials through various social media platforms. This includes using Facebook, SMS and WhatsApp to reach out to beneficiaries about the availability of new content.
• Manage recordings for IVR, test and update the menu.
• Use rob call to reach out caregivers through audio segments.
• Update address book based on the system log, exclude not working, and blocked numbers.
• Schedule outgoing calls to intended beneficiaries.
• Send an informational message before the IVR Call.
• Extract the system log and analyze and develop the content-based report.
• Test the SMS with core working group to check the appropriateness of text.
• Schedule and send the SMS.
• Design Feedback SMS on the system and send it to beneficiaries.
• Compile the feedback and analyze data and develop reports.
• Create and update menu for incoming messages and develop routing flow for WhatsApp and Facebook Channels.
• Develop template messages for multimedia content and disseminate weekly template messages.
• Liaise with M&E team and extract system log of all channels to update program performance trackers for course correction.
• Coordinate with community radio stations and share the audio episodes and devise broadcasting schedule
• Liaise with M&E team, distribution partners, and operation team to collect evidence of distribution.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Child Protection Manager
Position directly supervises: no
Indirect Reporting: Global Education Technical Unit
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal: Country Team- Uganda
External: Technology Service Providers, Community Radio Partners, Radio Broadcasting Companies and Distribution Companies
Standards of Professional Conduct
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way – Code of Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Harassment-Free Workplace, Fiscal Integrity, Anti-Retaliation, Combating Trafficking in Persons and several others.
Gender Equality & Equal Opportunity
We are committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer generous benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowances. We welcome and strongly encourage qualified female professionals to apply.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, colour, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Deadline for receiving applications is October 27th,2021
• At least 5 years relevant sector experience.
• Must have managed WhatsApp Business API, Facebook, IVR, SMS and Podcast platforms.
• Demonstrated knowledge of the use of ICT solutions, preferably within education, in low bandwidth/income environments.
• Bachelor's degree in ICT, MIS, Computer Science, or any bachelor’s degree with excellent knowledge of ICT4D.
• Familiarity with the use of ICT in reaching marginalized populations.
• Strong knowledge of data analysis and evidence-based reporting.
• Experience in staff capacity-building and in participatory, flexible, and gender-sensitive programming and implementation.
• Strong communication skills, both oral and written; Fluency in English is required.
Work Hours: 8 60 Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Officer job at IRC
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.