Programme Officer -PMERL
Jobs at:Vi Agroforestry
Deadline of this Job:
05 May 2022
Date Posted: Friday, April 29, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
About VI Agroforestry in Uganda
Vi Agroforestry (Vi-skogen) is a Swedish development cooperation organisation, fighting poverty and working with sustainable agriculture and land management through agroforestry – growing trees alongside crops and livestock. We do this together with small-holder farming families and farmers’ organisations in four countries (Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Rwanda). Agroforestry provides increased access to food, access to sustainable energy sources and more income. Sustainable agriculture contributes to the mitigation of climate change and protects against the negative effects of climate change.
Vi Agroforestry is currently recruiting Programme Officer to our Country Office in Muyenga Kampala to support its operations with the partners located in different parts of the country.
Main Responsibilities of the Roles
• Design, develop and implement an effective PMERL framework for programme and project.
• Design and periodically review data collection methods and appropriate data collection tools linked to PMERL framework.
• Prepare annual work plan and budget for PMERL activities.
• Develop and manage mechanisms for obtaining qualitative information for ongoing programme and projects activities, outcomes, and impacts.
• Capacity builds the country teams and partner farmers organizations staff on PMERL framework and best practices.
• Guide and supervise consultants and any other individual/organizations that are contracted to undertake surveys, studies and evaluations.
• Design templates and format for reporting periodic progress and performance reports.
• Facilitate regular analysis, synthesis and learning events geared towards continuously improving the efficiency and effectiveness of various programmes and projects.
• Document the organization’s learning experiences, best practices, and case studies using information collected through PMERL framework.
• Prepare and present periodic (monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, and annual) PMERL reports in line with management and donor requirements.
• Guide staff and implementing partners in preparation and analysis of progress reports.
• Maintain accurate and quality assured databases of baseline and progress survey data of programmes and projects areas of operation for impact assessment.
• Ensure that data and information is statistically valid and presented in a usable format for the stakeholders
• Business development
• Work closely with Business, technical partners, as well as respective country programs delivering high quality training to partners and overseeing quality delivery of training.
• Use tested assessment tools to benchmark partner organizations capacity and help identify areas for improvement.
• Support partner to link organizations to business development service providers to build capacity in core areas such marketing, member services, and inclusive leadership of women and youth.
• Collect baseline figures and measure impact to monitor progress (M&E)
• Excellent knowledge of the English language, with exceptional writing, presentation, and communication skills.
• About the preferred Candidate
• You are a person of high integrity
• Able to meet and deal with others in a courteous and tactful manner
• Ability to foster and maintain a spirit of unity, teamwork, and cooperation
• Result-oriented and self-motivated
• Able to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced and changing environment
• Motivated to work responsibly with little supervision
• Able to cope with stressful situations
• Willing and able to travel
• Ability to multi-task with tight deadlines/schedules and attention to details
• Ability to work independently and as a team as well as high degree of flexibility
• Strategic and conceptual thinking skills
• Good planning skills
• Analytical skills
• Communication skills
• Collaborative skills
• Structured personality
• Accountable, honest and responsible personality
• Flexible and creative personality
• Self-driven personality
• o Preferably an advanced degree in statistics , agricultural economics, social science preferably in Monitoring and Evaluation, Project Management or natural science disciplines.
• Knowledge and understanding of project monitoring and evaluation including framework development.
• Strong understanding and practical experience of planning, monitoring and evaluation methods commonly used in development cooperation
• Understanding of the current M&E trends especially M&E systems in development organisations
• Minimum 4 years’ experience in monitoring and evaluation with at least 02 years with an international organisation.
• Excellent writing and analytical skill in drafting concept notes and reports.
• Knowledge and experience in designing M&E systems and conducting evaluations.
• Excellent computer knowledge with command on MS Excel among other packages of MS Office
• Experience in working with on-site digital data collection tools (ODK, AKVO, TARO etc
• Experience of field data collection, management and data analysis.
• Language Required working experience from EU supported development programs/projects.
• Familiar with various web-based platforms.
• Excellent writing, research, communication, and interpersonal skills
• Strong oral and written communication skills in English
• High level skills in report writing and presentations
Merits as an added advantage
• Conversant with the concepts of Do No Harm and Conflict Sensitivity
• Experience in monitoring and evaluating agricultural or natural resource related projects is an added advantage
• Project Management
• Experience in working with international teams
• Working experience in a refugee setting will be an added advantage.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Apply by uploading your CV and cover letter by 5th May 2022. Your application documents should be in English.
Please click here to apply.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.