Project Support Officer
Jobs at:Global Programs for Research and Training
Deadline of this Job:
Friday, March 31 2023
Date Posted: Friday, March 31 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Global Programs for Research and Training is a Non-Governmental Organization that supports the University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) international research projects. The incumbent will support a range of projects in maternal health including studies related to obstetrics fistula among women, including surgical outcomes, adverse events, post fistula repair success and other social and behavioral studies related to fistula. Other studies may include the use of medical devices in the management of fistula related incontinence as well as studies that measure and seek to advance person-centered care among maternal health providers. Overall, the incumbent will help support meetings and administrative tasks of several projects. The team conducts research in Uganda, Kenya, Ghana, and Guinea.
The Project Support Officer will provide administrative support to a multi-regional team working in the US, Kenya, Uganda, Ghana, and Guinea, including coordination and scheduling of Zoom meetings across multiple time zones, meeting notes, document management and follow-up.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Support a multi-regional and cross-functional project team on core administrative support including documentation, note-taking, file organization, meeting and calendar management, and ad hoc admin support.
2. Coordinate project schedules and team efficiently, managing the needs of multiple PIs and project directors in the US, Kenya, Uganda, Ghana, and Guinea.
3. Manage the team calendar and meeting scheduling, including zoom scheduling, sending invites, scheduling, sending doodle polls and determining best times to meet, across projects.
4. Attend cross project team meetings and document meeting discussion with clearly outlined action steps and follow up.
5. Disseminate meeting notes and action steps to team members.
6. Send reminders and notes for meetings.
7. Support populating our team task list on the Todoist application
8. Engage in team meetings and brainstorming how to improve our processes and work for better efficiency.
9. During in-country visits, attend team meetings/trainings to help document discussions and next steps.
10. Perform other related duties as directed.
Required knowledge, skills, and abilities
1. Proven experience as a project assistant and/or administrative assistant role.
2. Previous experience in health-related projects, preferably in population/maternal health.
3. Ability to attend meetings during evenings/early mornings (to align with time zones of UCSF team and collaborators)- most meetings will end before 7pm. There is flexibility to adjust the work hours to accommodate this.
4. Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities, including liaising with PIs across countries.
5. Excellent organizational, leadership skills, and initiative.
6. Expert skills in MS Office- email, word, and shared drive word processing (box, drobox etc.)
7. Qualifications in secretarial studies will be an advantage.
8. High school diploma required.
9. BSc/BA in office administration or relevant field is preferred.
Application Submission Requirements:
• Writing samples
1. Meeting agendas and notes and/or
2. Other written material/report
Job Experience:No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
About the position
Duration: 15 April 2023 – 31 March 2024 (with possibility of extension)
Candidates must submit their CV in English, accompanied by a letter of application, to the email firstname.lastname@example.org by 31st March 2023 indicating the title of the position in the “subject” line of the email and in the cover letter.
Only electronic CV’s will be accepted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.