Senior Cost Controller
Jobs at:Total Energies
Deadline of this Job:
13 May 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, April 27, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Co-ordinate, perform and control the activities of the Project Cost Control function. To prepare, analyze, evaluate, process and present information and documentation relating to the Project budget and cost control activities.
• Provide upon request from Management, key and reliable information that are reliable, with relevant supporting comments on the project execution to be in position to control and monitor the Estimated Final Costs as a permanent provisional step.
• Provide upon request from the Finance team, for the budgeting exercise purpose, relevant information on the budgets, estimates, and performance (figures, comments and pertinent analysis) towards the Finance division
• Management and development of resources available within direct team to provide cost control support to the Tilenga Project and transfer of Company knowledge Affiliate
• Participate in the budget preparation: support Finance Director in presenting and defending the budget in front of Partners and Ugandan Authorities.
• Prepare for issuance the necessary Project, Subsidiary and Partners / Shareholders / Concessionaire / Group cost information and data.
• Organize, co-ordinate and control all the activities of the Cost Control team by informing, supporting, directing, and training relevant personnel in their roles, responsibilities, and objectives.
• Give advice and propose improvements with regards to the Tilenga Cost coding structure already developed.
• Ensure right implementation and propose improvements of Project and Corporate procedures, means and tools to ensure the efficient organization and operation of the Project Cost Control activities.
• Participate (from Cost Control point of view) in the preparation / consolidation and review of the various Project budgets and updates (internal and external / Annual and Multiyear) with inputs from the members of the Project Team and provide “ad hoc” economics support as required.
• Provide the necessary checks, approval functions for invoices submitted, in accordance with Contracts, Project & Company procedures, Sarbanes & Oxley requirements and DoA.
• Provide input into the UNISUP System, regarding payment schedules (cash calls), invoicing and cost control issues as required.
• Assist in the cost assessment of any contract variations and identify any Project cost trends, drifts, variances data update and maintain the Project Final Cost Estimate, prepare the Monthly Cost Report with comments.
• Liaise actively with Company Finance Department for all matters related to cost and accounting as required (Commitments, invoice processing and payment, accruals, payment claims and disputes.)
• Ensure strict confidentiality of all the Budget and Cost documentation (whatever its support).
• To timely report to the Budget & Cost Control Lead Engineer, highlighting achieved progress and timely reporting any area of concern or problem encountered; to assist and support him with all matters related to Cost Control.
• To gather ‘lessons learnt’ and provide feedback to other Company entities as required. To participate in the enhancement of Cost Engineering profession and Project Cost Control expertise vis-à-vis the Group and the Subsidiary.
• To organize, co-ordinate and control all the activities of the Cost Control team by informing, supporting, and directing personnel in their roles, responsibilities, and objectives.
• Engineering degree or accounting, Finance
• 15 years’ project experience related to Project Cost control. Copmany Affiliate experience a plus Strong knowledge of Company Finance and Cost control processes.
• Advanced knowledge & experience in use of relevant computer systems (UNISUP, PIMS (or other information management system, Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
• Experience in Engineering/Construction with experience in a commercial or contracts administration role. Ability to listen to and understand the signals and queries from various interlocutors.
• Prior experience in upstream oil and gas, midstream, LNG, refining, or petrochemicals industries.
• Knowledge of Company internal Accounting and Reporting standards
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 168
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
To apply follow this link here
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.