Senior Human Resources Assistant
Deadline of this Job:
10 June 2023
Date Posted: Saturday, May 27, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Standard Job Description
Organizational Setting and Work Relationships
Senior Human Resources Assistant will function under direct supervision of the Administrative or Human Resources Officer, assisting him/her in personnel administration and other HR related matters, including the process of recruitment and appointment of staff, and in the performance management and welfare issues of staff under area of responsibility (AOR).
All UNHCR staff members are accountable to perform their duties as reflected in their job description. They do so within their delegated authorities, in line with the regulatory framework of UNHCR which includes the UN Charter, UN Staff Regulations and Rules, UNHCR Policies and Administrative Instructions as well as relevant accountability frameworks. In addition, staff members are required to discharge their responsibilities in a manner consistent with the core, functional, cross-functional and managerial competencies and UNHCR¿s core values of professionalism, integrity and respect for diversity.
• Assist in the recruitment, assignment, reassignment and separation of local service staff. Prepare documents for the interview panel for the recruitment of local staff.
• Process local staff members¿ contracts, entitlements and benefits in accordance with Staff Rules and established HR procedures.
• Update personnel related information in MSRP/HR module where this activity has been rolled out from PAS to the respective office.
• Advise staff members on their rights, obligations, benefits and entitlements, and assist them in interpreting UN/UNHCR staff rules and regulations.
• Assist newly-arrived international staff with administrative formalities related to their accreditations, security/ground passes, submission of completed forms and related documents to headquarters, arrange travel and hotel reservations
• Assist with shipment of their personal effects in coordination with the logistics section.
• Administer UNHCR medical insurance plan for locally recruited staff. Provide administrative support to staff and dependants in case of medical evacuations, as well as security evacuations/relocations. Maintain daily tracking record of staff and families to provide accurate information in case of emergency.
• Maintain personnel records in the office, including maintenance of the attendance, overtime and leave records.
• Initiate calculations for payments related to personnel issues such as settlement of travel claims, overtime claims, hazard pay, MIP reimbursements, medical and security evacuations, shipment costs.
• Initiate routine correspondence on HR matters for the authorizing officer¿s approval.
• Perform other related duties as required.
Education & Professional Work Experience
• Years of Experience / Degree Level
• For G5 - 2 years relevant experience with High School Diploma; or 1 year relevant work experience with Bachelor or equivalent or higher
Field(s) of Education
• Not applicable
Certificates and/or Licenses
• Secretarial Administrative
• (Certificates and Licenses marked with an asterisk* are essential)
Relevant Job Experience
• Good knowledge of UNHCR administrative procedures and processes and exposure to provision of support services in an international organization.
• Field experience with UNHCR and/or with other humanitarian organizations is an asset.
• High IT affinity and working experience of PeopleSoft/MSRP.
• IT-Computer Literacy
• PG-Resource planning
• FI-ERP Financial Management (SAP, Oracle, PeopleSoft, Workday and other)
• HR-PeopleSoft Human Capital Management
• UN-UN/UNHCR Administrative Rules, Regulations and Procedures
• IT-Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
• (Functional Skills marked with an asterisk* are essential)
• For International Professional and Field Service jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English.
• For National Professional jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language.
• For General Service jobs: Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.