Senior Lecturer-Civil Engineering
Jobs at:Kabale University
Deadline of this Job:
02 June 2023
Date Posted: Friday, May 26, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Purpose Of Job:
To teach, supervise students and conduct research and publish.
Duties And Responsibilities
• Prepares well-researched lectures and delivers them to undergraduate and post- graduate students.
• Sets tests, examinations and course work.
• Administers and invigilates tests and examinations.
• Marks tests, course work and examinations scripts, compiles and grades examination results.
• Guides and advises students on their academic performance.
• Conducts research and disseminates research findings through conferences, seminars and publications.
• Supervises undergraduate and post graduate students undertaking research projects.
• Conducts seminars and tutorials.
• Carries out official administrative duties in the department as directed by the Head of Department.
• Contributes to the University and wider society through community service.
• Should have an earned PhD in a relevant discipline.
• Should have proven academic ability in research, publication and teaching.
• Should be computer literate.
• Should have a minimum of five (5) years of teaching experience at a recognized academic institution of higher learning, three (3) of which should have been at Lecturer level.
• Should have at least three (3) scholarly publications in the area of specialization.
• Should have supervised at least three (3) graduate students to completion.
• Should have a good track record of service to the public.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
Submit applications to the University through the following address not later than 2nd June 2023 at 5 pm.
PO Box 317, Kabale.
Kabale University Kampala Liaison Office
3rd Floor, Reev House, Plot 515,
Bombo Road, Wandegeya -Kampala.
NB: Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.
Applicants shall be subjected to background check.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.