Senior Manager Environment Enforcement and Field Operations
Deadline of this Job:
31 January 2023
Date Posted: Wednesday, January 04, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To Coordinate Environment Protection Force; Regional Offices; Environment Inspections, Monitoring and Audits.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Spearhead the development and implementation of departmental Work Plans, Budgets and prepare timely reports
2. Develop and implement strategies to prevent environment crime
3. Develop and implement strategies for combating environment crime
4. Coordinate Environment Monitoring, Inspections and Audits to ensure that developers comply with laws, set environmental standards and conditions of approval of developments
5. Coordinate designation and training of Environmental Inspectors
6. Coordinate capacity building and deployment of Environment Protection Force
7. Coordinate with other Law Enforcement Agencies in the fight against environment crime
8. Supervise NEMA Regional Offices and programs
9. Mobilize resources for environment enforcement and field operations
10. Supervise and ensure performance management of all staff in the department
11. Monitor and ensure that the department staff comply with Policies, laws and best environment practices
12. Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor
1. An Honors Bachelor's Degree in the relevant field of Environment and Natural Resources Management or Natural Sciences
2. A Master's Degree in the relevant field of Environment and Natural Resources or Natural Sciences or Law or Public Administration
3. Training in Military Science or Law enforcement is A MUST
4. A Certificate of Good Conduct issued by Interpol is A MUST
1. Must have atleast ten (10) years relevant professional working experience in Environment and Natural Resources Management related law enforcement, three of which should have been at managerial level in a reputable organization.
COMPETENCES AND SKILLS
1. Leadership, team building and supervision skills
2. Strong interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills (iii). Excellent scholarly writing and publication skills
3. Excellent analytical and presentation skills
4. Financial and human resource management skills (vi). Excellent report writing skills
5. Resource Mobilization skills
6. Risk management skills
7. Marketing and Public Relations skills
8. Paramilitary/military skills including Communication, Command and Control (xi). Command of excellent Information Communication Technology skills
9. Enforcement and Investigations skills
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
Potential candidates should download an application form from the NEMA website, fill the form and attach "O" and "A" level certificates, Bachelor's and Postgraduate Degree Transcripts and Certificates, Professional certificates where applicable and Employment letters in one pdf file named: "Position- Name of Applicant".
The one pdf file should be submitted to email@example.com not later than 31st January 2023 at 5:00PM.
Applicants are allowed to apply for not more than two posts.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
Any form of lobbying to Executive Director, Board or any other authority or individual will lead to automatic disqualification of the Applicant.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.