Jobs at:Raising The Village
Deadline of this Job:
05 August 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, July 26, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Software Developer, under the Venn Unit of PEAL, shall initiate and take the lead on all Venn development projects. He or She shall be engaged in all phases of the software development lifecycle which include: gathering and analyzing user/business system requirements, responding to outages, and creating application system models. Participate in design meetings and consult with clients to refine, test and debug programs to meet business needs and technology initiatives.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Researching, designing, implementing, and managing software packages for program efficiency
• Testing and evaluating new programs for integration
• Identifying areas for modification in existing programs and subsequently developing these modifications and other functionalities.
• Write software applications and programs for backend/frontend purposes.
• Test & debug programs and fix any reported bugs.
• Collaborate with the Venn and IT teams to improve our tools' performance, efficiency, and scalability.
• Knowledge sharing through user training.
• Gather and evaluate user feedback for software improvements.
• Create technical documentation guides for reference and reporting.
• BS/BE in Computer Science/Software Engineering.
• Programming experience of 2 to 3 years in Python language and expertise in at least one popular Python framework (like Django, Flask, Dash, etc).
• Experience of 2 to 3 years in front-end technologies such as HTML5, CSS, JQuery, JS, Flutter, Kotlin/android, Java, etc.
• Working knowledge of PHP and PHP frameworks.
• Working knowledge of APIs and web services.
• Working knowledge of Relational Databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server), NoSQL databases, and SQL language.
• Working knowledge of cloud computing is an added advantage.
• Working knowledge of GitHub and any version control systems.
• Experience of 2-3 years in Mobile Application development.
• Good understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle/Software Modeling.
• Good understanding of Integrated Development Environments such as Android studio, and Eclipse
• Good understanding of graphic design software such as Adobe, and Sketch and user experience design will be added advantage
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• Strong problem-solving skills and analytical skills
• Resilience and a determination to succeed
• Independent thinker with a growth mindset
• Must be passionate, self-motivated, and able to learn quickly.
• Strong sense of integrity.
• Personal values that match our organization’s values.
Raising The Village is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We highly encourage female candidates to apply.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.