Sonographer / Medical Imaging Technologist (Temporary)
Jobs at:Marie Stopes Uganda
Deadline of this Job:
Friday, September 29 2023
Date Posted: Friday, September 15 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Probationary Period: 3 months
Reporting to Centre Manager
Reporting to the Centre Manager, the purpose of this role is to perform diagnostic patient care services using an ultrasound machine. The Diagnostic Medical Sonogrpher shall operate equipment, perform and communicate results during diagnostic examinations.
Shall use ultrasound machines to view and interpret images with sound waves for the diagnosis and treatment of medical conditions.
The principal job duty of the Diagnostic Medical Sonographer will be to perform accurate ultrasound tests of a particular area of the body, based on a physician's order. The diagnostic medical sonographer will then analyze the test result from the ultrasound equipment.
• Perform diagnostic procedures using sonographic equipment.
• Schedule patients for procedure.
• Obtain and record patient history.
• Use transducer to study images of organs, tissues, or blood flow inside the body.
• Record anatomical, pathological, and/or physiological data for interpretation by a physician.
• Perform clinical assessment during examinations.
• Identify, record, and adapt procedures as appropriate to anatomical, pathological, diagnostic information and images.
• Identify normal and abnormal findings.
• Analyze sonograms and relay findings to physician/Doctor/CO.
• Maintain ultrasound equipment and supplies.
• Prepare preliminary reports.
• Address problems and inquiries from patient.
• Organize daily work schedule.
• Order further testing if needed.
• Ability to discuss issues of sexuality and reproductive health with male and female clients of all ages.
• Experience and knowledge of the Obstetric and gynecological, surgical and paediatrics anatomy
• Strong knowledge of evidence-based standards of safe practices in the relevant field of Imaging
• Attention to details.
• Proven skills in effective problem solving and conflict resolution
• Ability to handle multiple tasks, establish priorities and work independently
• Computer literate (ability to effectively enter and maintain client records through an electronic database)
• Experience working as part of a highly functioning team.
• Excellent record keeping and time management.
• Adherence to professional ethical code of conduct and integrity
• Demonstrable experience in managing health care data and report writing in a busy environment.
• Ability to work in deadline driven/results orientated atmospheres.
• Excellent oral and writing abilities.
• Ability to ensure patient safety, privacy and confidentiality
• Ability to work and communicate effectively with people from different background
• Demonstrable experience in emergency preparedness, response and care
• Good team player.
• Good planner
• Good public relations and customer care
• Understanding of medical and government legislation, policies and medico-legal compliance.
Qualifications and Training (essential/desirable)
• Bachelor of Medical Imaging or its equivalent from a recognized University or Institution
• Must be registered with the Allied Medical Council with a valid practicing licence
• Fluent English; both Oral and Written
• Working experience of 2 years and above as a Medical Imaging Technologist in a recognized hospital
Successful performance at MSI is not simply defined in terms of ‘what’ people achieve, but equally is about ‘how’ people go about their jobs and the impact that they have on others. We encourage and expect all team members will demonstrate the following behaviours:
Thinking ahead and taking action to make the most of opportunities by finding the optimum solution
Thinking creatively and outside of the box so that ideas generated create a positive outcome
• Effective Communication
Communicating through active listening and good questioning techniques, using appropriate body language, ensuring information is clear and concise.
Being responsive to changing priorities and demands
• Working Efficiently
Planning, prioritising and organising work to ensure work is accurate and deadlines are met
• Sharing Information
Sharing information and knowledge whilst maintaining confidentiality
• Focus on Learning
Taking responsibility for keeping knowledge and skills updated and for seeking opportunities to develop further
Awareness and understanding of goals, vision and values and how your role impacts on this and going the extra mile to meet role requirements
Drive and determination to deliver results
Taking responsibility for appropriate decisions that you make, and the actions and behaviour you demonstrate
• Embracing Change
Openness to embracing change within the organisation and being able to adjust plans/activities accordingly
Motivation towards achieving quality results to maximise potential
• Team Player
Working as part of a team by being supportive, flexible and showing respect for each other
MSI Behaviours and Values
Team Member Behaviours
Work as One MSI
• You contribute, use, and share accurate data and evidence to improve understanding, insight and decision-making across MSI, enabling us to maximise our ability to influence others.
• You share relevant knowledge, expertise and resources to strengthen teamwork and prevent duplication of effort.
• You actively work as part of a team, providing support and flexibility to colleagues, demonstrating fairness, understanding and respect for all people and cultures.
Show courage, authenticity and integrity
• You hold yourself accountable for the decisions you make and the behaviours you demonstrate.
• You are courageous in challenging others and taking appropriate managed risks.
Develop and grow
• You seek feedback to enable greater self-awareness and provide the same to others in a way which inspires them to be even more effective.
• You manage your career development including keeping your knowledge and skills up to date.
Deliver excellence, always
• You strive to consistently meet and exceed expectations, putting clients at the centre of everything, and implement smarter, more efficient ways of performing your role.
• You build and maintain effective long-term working relationships with all stakeholders, and are a true MSI ambassador.
Leadership (For Leaders only)
• You inspire individuals and teams, through situational leadership, providing clear direction.
• You seek and provide opportunities which motivate team members, helping to develop skills and potential whilst strengthening our talent and succession pipeline.
• You are aware of emerging developments in our sector, demonstrating strategic insight about our clients and business and encourage this in your team.
• You articulate a vision of the future which inspires and excites others.
• Mission driven: With unwavering commitment, we exist to empower women and men to have children by choice not chance
• Client centred: We are passionate about our clients and dedicate our efforts to delivering agreed objectives to the highest possible quality
• Accountable: We are accountable for our actions and take responsibility for everything we do to ensure long term sustainability and increased impact.
• Courageous: We recruit and nurture talented, passionate and brave people who have the courage to push boundaries, make tough decisions and challenge others in line with our mission
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
You are encouraged to apply for the above position provided you meet the specified minimum job requirements
To apply for the position, please visit the careers page on our website: www.mariestopes.or.ug to submit your application. (please attach your CV) Or go directly to the application page by clicking here and click Apply Now
The deadline for applications is Friday, September 29 2023.
MSUG is an equal opportunities employer, committed to safeguarding humanity and expects all position holders to share this commitment.
MSUG has a well guided and transparent recruitment process that requires no payment from any candidate/job applicants/potential job seekers as a pre-employment requirement.
Female candidates that qualify are encouraged to apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.