Jobs at:Global Health Uganda
Deadline of this Job:
08 July 2022
Date Posted: Saturday, July 02, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Global Health Uganda (GHU) is a registered not-for-profit, limited liability company with the mission to promote child health by conducting and facilitating quality and relevant research in child health, neurodevelopment, and interventions. GHU invites applications from suitably qualified individuals to fill the position of Study Dietitian.
Title: Study Dietitian (Full Time)
Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree in dietetics or any other related science degree
Years of Experience: Minimum of 3 years
Reports to: Study Coordinator
• Assess eating behaviors, food choices, and meal patterns among study participants.
• Assess growth and development, diagnose, treat or refer to diet-related and nutritional problems among study participants.
• Devise, monitor, review, and improve nutritional care plans for study participants
• Work with the participants and their caretakers to ensure participant-centered care is provided.
• Record all assessments and interventions, write reports and case notes and maintain accurate records
• Provide health advice and promote healthy eating among study participants
• Educate the study participants and the study team about the rewards of dieting and nutrition.
• Help to facilitate dietary changes among participants
• Carry out any other duties as assigned by your supervisors.
Required qualifications and skills:
• A bachelor’s degree in dietetics or any other related science degree
• Proven Good Clinical Practices (GCP) training
• Three years of experience in diabetes specialist dietetics or nursing
• An interest in the scientific aspects of food
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• The ability to explain complex ideas simply
• Excellent interpersonal skills to develop relationships with patients/careers
• Teamworking skills to work effectively as part of a multidisciplinary healthcare team
• Time management skills and the ability to work under pressure
• Willingness to keep up to date with current nutrition information and research.
• Previous work with children with T1DM is an added advantage.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
If you meet the above criteria, please submit a cover letter, a detailed CV, all necessary academic documents and the contact details of three work-related referees all in one PDF document addressed to the Human Resource Officer, Global Health Uganda, P.O BOX 33842, Kampala, Uganda and send the application to: firstname.lastname@example.org not later than Friday, July 08, 2022, at 5.00 pm.
We appreciate your application however; only short-listed candidates will be contacted. If you have not been contacted within two weeks after the closing date, we regret that your application has been unsuccessful.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.