Team Leader, Tackling Deadly Diseases in Africa Follow-on Programme
Jobs at:Mott MacDonald
Deadline of this Job:
Wednesday, June 07 2023
Date Posted: Friday, May 26 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Mott MacDonald is seeking a Team Leader (TL) for an anticipated five-year FCDO-funded follow on to the Tackling Deadly Diseases in Africa Programme (TDDAP). Further details will be forthcoming in an expected Request for Proposals later in 2023. The anticipated technical assistance required for this successor five-year programme (here called TDDAP2) will adopt a One Health approach to strengthen IHR capacity in Africa, and African ownership and leadership of health responses, working alongside and supporting WHO AFRO, WAHO, AU and Africa CDC initiatives to improve health security. It is designed to build upon the successes of and lessons learnt from TDDAP, with activities involving:
• Strengthening regional institutions allowing countries to leverage resources/public health assets such as reference laboratories and technical expertise;
• Improving national public health core capacities such as surveillance and point of entry control;
• Empowering communities with knowledge and tools to identify and escalate risks, to respond to outbreaks, and minimise the risk of endemic disease emergence and amplification;
• A flexible contingency response mechanism to respond to emerging infectious disease threats.
At outcome level, interventions funded under this programme will contribute to the delivery of an effective regional response to cross border health threats, as well as improve countries’ capacities to prevent, detect and respond to disease outbreaks. The programme aims to reduce the morbidity and mortality from infectious disease threats in African populations and globally. In particular, TDDAP2 will seek to reduce the disproportionate impacts (including morbidity, mortality, socioeconomic costs) of infectious diseases experienced by women and girls.
• Minimum of a Master’s degree in public health, public administration, international development, or related field from an accredited university; Ph.D. or Ed.D. is highly preferred.
• Experience dealing with government institutions and managing complex international donor-funded development activities in challenging environments (FCDO experience preferred);
• Recent experience of programme management of complex multi-country health project including financial management, risk management, compliance and safeguarding
• Experience in similar health intervention activities including One Health or Health Security in Africa is preferable.
• Professional experience based in a country in the Africa region designing, managing and implementing large and complex local health systems strengthening and/or health security projects;
• In-depth knowledge of the Africa health security architecture.
• In-depth knowledge of FCDO approaches and regulations;
• Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to lead and work effectively in team situations;
• Creative problem-solving skills with the ability to work effectively in resource-constrained environments;
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in English are required, and ability to work in French is preferable.
Mott MacDonald is looking for a dynamic, senior leader with the experience, networks and skills to deliver the exciting and innovative TDDAP follow on programme. This senior leadership position will work with the FCDO, Consortium Partners, Regional Stakeholders and the Governments and stakeholders of selected countries to provide overall strategic direction in the design, management, implementation, monitoring and overall quality assurance of the project.
This position will work closely with regional and country stakeholders to provide strategic and high-level support to deliver on FCDO requirements and for sustainability of the project interventions.
The Team Leader will oversee a team of experts, core partners and support staff, prepare reports and annual operating plans, align project initiatives with global, regional and national priorities and ensure the program is compliant with FCDO and Mott MacDonald regulations.
This position is based in East Africa and is contingent upon donor approval and funding.
Equality, diversity and inclusion
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
At Mott MacDonald, we believe it makes business sense for you and your manager to choose how you can work most effectively to meet your client, team and personal commitments. We embrace agility, flexibility and trust.
More about Mott MacDonald
We’re a global engineering, management and development consultancy.
Our purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes in everything we do, relentlessly focusing on excellence and digital innovation, transforming our clients’ businesses, our communities and employee opportunities.
A fundamental part of this is respecting each person’s differences and striving to meet their needs.
Our values: progress, respect, integrity, drive, excellence
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.