Jobs at:The International Bamboo and Rattan Organization
Deadline of this Job:
31 January 2023
Date Posted: Friday, January 27, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
INBAR is seeking an experienced Technical Officer for Uganda for the execution of the Dutch-Sino East Africa Bamboo Development Programme – Phase II. The programme will be implemented in Ethiopia, Kenya and Uganda with strong South-South and Triangular linkages with the P.R of China and the Netherlands. The goal of the programme is to enhance climate change mitigation and adaptation benefits by developing inclusive and sustainable industrial and SME bamboo value chains resulting in enhanced livelihood opportunities, food security and environment management in East Africa.
• Support the National Coordinator in the work plan preparation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the Programme.
• Support the National coordinator to establish strong linkages with the programme stakeholders, including line ministries and agencies, NGO’s/CSO’s, local leaders, Associations, SMEs and industries for ensuring effective implementation of programme activities.
• Coordinate and provide support in undertaking assessments, surveys, and research activities
• Actively coordinate with partners, other stakeholders for implementation and monitoring of field activities, and collate feedback on progress in implementation. S/he will also be responsible for assessing any potential risks and suggest mitigation measures.
• Provide technical support to communities, field and partner extension staff on bamboo nursery, plantations, sustainable management, supply-chain development, SME and industrial bamboo value chain development, community institution development, etc.
• Coordinate and provide support to project partners and beneficiaries in the establishment of common production and training centres, SMEs and industries.
• Support in design, development and coordination of public awareness campaigns on bamboo value-chains and bamboo based restoration.
• Support in providing inputs and preparation of various written outputs with respect to the field support aspects of the programme, e.g. background papers, analysis, technical field reports and studies, inputs to publications, progress reports, etc.;
• Support in identification of beneficiaries, design and coordinate training and capacity building activities, workshops, seminars, etc.
• Support and participate in field missions, including provision of guidance to external consultants, INBAR personnel and stakeholders;
• Support National Coordinator and Programme Manager to develop training materials and extension programmes in English and local languages.
• Support the development of bamboo curricular in TVET institutions.
• Support the National Coordinator in liaison with standard development agencies and line ministries, to develop bamboo standards and certification mechanisms.
• Other tasks as reasonably requested by your supervisor.
• A minimum five years of proven work experience with NTFP/forest based livelihood and environment development projects.
• At least 2+ years’ experience in similar position.
• Proven facilitation and organisational skills
• Ability to coordinate and work with a large set of stakeholders.
• Expertise in one or more of the areas of natural resource management; including land restoration, training and capacity building, supply-chain development, SME and institution development.
• Strong knowledge of participatory-based approaches and community development.
• Working experience on bamboo value chains will be a strong advantage.
At least a Bachelor’s degree in forestry, environmental science, natural resource management, rural development agriculture or another related field.
Excellent written and spoken English skills.
The successful candidate should be willing to undertake extensive travel to field locations in Uganda and to other beneficiary countries in East Africa.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Applications will be accepted until 31 January 2023. All applications will be acknowledged, but only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Please send a cover letter demonstrating relevant experience as described in the above job description and a filled in Application Form (attached) by email to: email@example.com Please use “Dutch-Sino Technical Officer- Uganda: NAME” as the subject of the e-mail.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.