Associate Programs Director
Jobs at:HealthRight International
Deadline of this Job:
12 March 2021
Date Posted: Friday, February 26, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
TITLE: Associate Programs Director (APD)
REPORTS TO: Country Director
DIRECT REPPORTS: Project Managers and MERL Team
BASED IN: Kampala (with frequent travel to program areas across the country)
CLASSIFICATION: Full-Time Employee
HealthRight international is a global health organization that empowers marginalized communities to live healthy lives, with particular focus on four marginalized populations including: women and children, migrant populations, at-risk adolescents, and sexual and gender minorities. Employing a human rights-based approach, HealthRight works closely with community-based partners to build local capacity and create sustainable programs that have lasting impact. HealthRight leverages global resources to address local health challenges and to create sustainable solutions. Since its founding in i990 by the late Dr. Jonathan Mann, HealthRight has worked in over 30 countries, with current projects in Asia, Africa, Eastern Europe, and the United States. The Peter C. Alderman Program for Global Mental Health (PCAP) currently consists of mental health programming in Uganda, Kenya, and the Ukraine. In Uganda, HealthRight continues the programming of the Peter C. Alderman Foundation, with which it merged in April 2018. The Peter C. Alderman Program has operated mental health programs in collaboration with the government and other stakeholders in Uganda since 2006.
Reporting to the Country Director (CD), the Associate Programs Director will be responsible for the operational success of HealthRight in Uganda, ensuring seamless team management and development, program delivery, and quality control and evaluation. in this role, the Associate Programs Director will manage a growing staff of 35 individuals. The Associate Programs Director will be a key external face of HealthRight in the community. .
• Cultivate relationships with external partners including donors, civil society and government in furtherance of program objectives
• Ensure appropriate data management and MERL systems for data monitoring, analysis, utilization, and reporting
• Establish clear, time-bound performance metrics
• Support global and national business development efforts to build a robust grant pipeline
• Grow HealthRight‘s visibility in Uganda through strategic communications and advocacy efforts
• In collaboration with the Associate Director for Finance and Administration, implement systems that ensure accurate budgeting and sound ﬁscal management of projects
• Implement objective performance measurements across all sites, to ensure consistent, high-quality evaluation and goal setting for all employees.
• Implement a professional development program to address employee experience and skill gaps
• Foster a sense of community, learning, accountability and ownership among team members
• Recruit, hire, and oversee training and orientation of all staff members.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual with experience implementing public health programs and managing teams to grow and further develop a proven program. The successful candidate will lead programs, partner with the CD and work collaboratively with a mission-driven and highly effective staff and management team.
• Bachelors degree required, Masters degree in public health or related ﬁeld strongly preferred
• 7- 10 years of experience implementing public health programs in Uganda with at least four years of team management experience
• Demonstrated success developing and evaluating program models, and selecting and successfully operationalizing innovative programs
• Proven ability to write winning grant proposals
• Demonstrated ability and track record of partnering with donors, MOH institutions, NGOs, communities and health development partners
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with strong attention to detail
• Prior experience of developing and managing project budgets
• Demonstrated experience building, mentoring and developing a happy, motivated and productive team.
• Fluency in spoken and written English
• Personal qualities of integrity, honesty, and a commitment to and passion for HealthRight’s mission
Job Education Requirements: Bachelor’s degree
Job Experience Requirements: 7- 10 years
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
All applicants should send their CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org
At HeaIthRight diversity is a core value, and we welcome applications from qualiﬁed individuals regardless of race, ethnicity, age, religion belief or any other background. HealthRight is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at HealthRight are based on organizational needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, ethnicity, age, religion or belief or any other background or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.