Jobs at:Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
Deadline of this Job:
08 September 2020
Date Posted: Wednesday, August 26, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job Title: Consultant-Case Management
Supervisor: 4Children Project Director
Department: 4 Children
Area of Interest: Animation
Duration of Contract: 7 days
About Catholic Relief Services:
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an international non-governmental organization (NGO) supporting relief and development work in over 100 countries around the world. CRS carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. CRS’ Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations; serving people on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality. CRS works through local church and non-church partners to implement its programs.
CRS has worked in Uganda since 1965, initially providing emergency assistance to Sudanese refugees living in the north. Over the years, CRS has expanded its programming to also address development needs in western, central and eastern Uganda. CRS' projects in Uganda currently include agriculture, health, microfinance, peacebuilding and youth. CRS Uganda implements its programs through partnerships with local organizations, including the Catholic Church, other faith-based organizations and community entities for maximum impact and sustainability
4Children is a five-year USAID‐funded project implemented by a consortium of organizations led by Catholic Relief Services (CRS) with partners IntraHealth, Maestral International, Pact, Plan and Westat. 4Children is designed to improve health and wellbeing outcomes for OVC affected by HIV and AIDS and other adversities. 4Children’s work utilizes global evidence establishing that HIV and other adversities are best prevented and addressed when families and children have access to both high quality health and social welfare services. The project supports systems and structures at country and regional levels to implement evidence-based interventions that protect against risk, interrupt cycles of vulnerability, and build pathways to resilience leading to an AIDS Free Generation and contribute to overall improvements in quality of life and productivity for vulnerable children and their families.
4Children is looking for an experienced local consultant who will work closely with the 4Children Project Director to;
• Produce a 3-minute animation to highlight key provisions of the Child Policy.
• Produce a 30-second animation to introduce the launch of a new Child Policy.
The following outlines key activities that will be undertaken over the course of the consultancy:
1. Produce a 3-minute animation to highlight key provisions of the Child Policy.
2. Produce a 30-second animation to introduce the launch of a new Child Policy.
The consultant is expected to produce the deliverables outlined below. Deadlines may be subject to change based on internal or external factors and in such cases new deadlines will be agreed upon between the 4Children Project Director and the consultant: .
Typical Background, Experience & Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design
• Knowledge of color and design fundamentals, motion graphics, traditional typography, digital illustration.
• Strong critical thinking and organizational skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English required.
• Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office suite, including Word and PowerPoint.
Specific relevant skills include:
• Negotiation skills
• Facilitation skills
• Synthesising information & record keeping skills
• Communication & presentation skills
• Coaching & capacity building skills
• Institution-building skills
• Reviewing & revising skills
Specific structured process skills/techniques required include:
Proficiency in the use of the following
• Animation: Autodesk Maya, Maxon Cinema 4 ToonBoom Animate Pro,
• Illustration: Adobe – Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign.
• Architecture: AutoCAD, Graphisoft ArchiCAD, Google SketchUp
Daily rate and payment
Daily rate will be agreed upon between the consultant and 4Children/CRS and paid as outlined in the final consultancy agreement
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Interested candidates should submit their CVs and a proposal outlining the methodology to be used to carry out the above tasks and expected costs for undertaking the work (If team has more than one member, include all team member CVs). The proposal should also include:
Reference of previous work
Details of relevant professional training and experience
Budget and narrative justification
Three professional and traceable references
To apply, please follow these instructions exactly otherwise your application will NOT be considered:
• Email a cover letter and CV and Proposals only to email@example.com by September 8th, 2020 at 5:00pm.
• Large files and/or scans of documents will lead to rejection of your application, in the subject line of the email, copy and paste – ANIMATION only
• All applications that do not contain this exact subject line will be rejected and not read
ONLY SELECTED CANDIDATES THAT MEET THE REQUIREMENTS WILL BE NOTIFIED. EOE/M/F/D/V
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.