Cost & Planning Engineer
Jobs at:The Uganda National Oil Company Limited (UNOC)
Deadline of this Job:
12th July 2019.
Date Posted: Wednesday, June 19, 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Uganda National Oil Company (UNOC) Ltd was established under the Petroleum (Exploration, Development and Production) Act and the Petroleum (Refining, Conversion, Transmission and Midstream storage) Act, both of 2013 and incorporated under the Companies’ Act, 2012. It is a limited liability company wholly owned by the Government of Uganda.
The overall function of UNOC is to handle the State’s commercial interests in the Oil and Gas industry and ensure that the resource is exploited in a sustainable manner.
UNOC now invites applications for persons interested to develop their career with a dynamic results-oriented Company to occupy the following positions
REPORTS TO: Project Controls Manager.
JOB PURPOSE: Implement cost control, planning and scheduling activities across UNOC’s entire project portfolio
• Develop, monitor, analyse and report on schedule related aspects of UNOC’s Projects.
• Interface with and obtain detailed input from Project personnel for the development of the Project planning and scheduling documents.
• Monitor schedule deviations and, with the appropriate project personnel, develop and recommend corrective action.
• Develop and implement requirements for cost recording, reporting, and analysis of standards, programs, cost reports and associated project documents.
• Ensure regular update of project documentation to ensure compliance with the scope of work and reflect planning milestones and cost deliverables.
• Assist in the establishment and maintenance of the project cost reporting systems and procedures.
• Assist in the development and implementation of planning & scheduling techniques & methods.
• Develop and deliver appropriately detailed robust cost reports for the Projects.
• Working closely with the Project Controls Manager and Cost & Engineering Specialist to ensure cost and schedule integration.
• Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Job Skills: Not Specified
Qualifications and attributes:
• Honours Bachelor’s Degree in either Engineering, Construction Management, Project Management, Finance, Quantity Surveying or any relevant discipline.
• Master’s Degree in either Engineering, Finance, Project Management or any relevant discipline is an added advantage.
• Up to 3 years relevant working experience in Project Controls activities is an added advantage.
• Knowledge of Engineering and Construction techniques and their costs impacts is an added advantage.
• Competencies in the use of Microsoft Projects and Primavera is an added advantage.
• A self-starter with strong technical, interpersonal, communication, organizational skills; and high personal integrity.
• Ability to work under pressure and to work as part of a team.
Job Education Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree
Job Experience Requirements: 8 years
Job application procedure
The Application together with copies of academic certificates should be addressed and submitted in TRIPLICATE to the address below by 17:00 hours (5:00pm EAT) not later than 12th July 2019.
Applications must include a cover letter, application form and supporting documents.
While we thank you for your interest, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification.
UNOC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants from the Albertine Graben are encouraged to apply.
The Job Details and Application Form can be downloaded from Careers at www.unoc.co.ug
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
UGANDA NATIONAL OIL COMPANY
P.O.BOX 36316, KAMPALA
Plot 15, YUSUF LULE ROAD, KAMPALA