Deadline of this Job:
April 5, 2019
Date Posted: 25th March 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed , Employment Type: Full_Time , Currency: UGX , Value: 1000000 , Minimum: 700000 , Maximum: 3000000 , Period: MONTH
The USAID funded Regional Health Integration to Enhance Services- North, Lango Project (RHITES-N, Lango) is operating in the nine districts of the Lango sub-region of northern Uganda (Alebtong, Amolatar, Apac, Dokolo, Kole, Kwania, Lira, Otuke and Oyam). RHITES-N, Lango will increase the effective use of sustainable health services in the region. The Project is led by John Snow, Inc. in partnership with African Medical and Research Foundation (Amref), Doctors with Africa (CUAMM), The Medical Concierge Group (TMCG) and another Option. The project will contribute to measurable improvements in key Ugandan national health indicators (HIV; tuberculosis [TB]; malaria, maternal, newborn, and child health [MNCH]; family planning [FP]; water, sanitation, and hygiene [WASH]; and nutrition).
The USAID RHITES N, Lango Project, in partnership with Ministry of Health, Lira Regional Referral Hospital (LRRH) wishes to re-advertise for the following positions that were run in the New Vision Newspaper of March 11, 2019. USAID RHITES-N, Lango will facilitate the recruitment of qualified Ugandans on behalf of Lira RRH. The hospital is a 400 bed hospital situated in Lira Municipality in Lira town with a catchment population of about 2.3 million people. It is a referral facility offering both specialized and general services.
Job Title: Data Officer (1) U4-LWR
Report to: M&E Officer
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Provide technical assistance to improve quality, accuracy and timeliness of data.
• Build skills of frontline facility health care workers on data management including recording, filing, archiving and reporting.
• This includes provision of relevant guidelines and SOPs for effective data management at facility level.
• Ensure availability and utilization of current versions of HMIS tools at the facility and community level.
• Organize facility data review meetings to clean up facility level data.
• Facilitate performance review meetings to enable the teams understand and use data.
• Ensure functional EMR at facility and reporting using the system.
• Support data collection activities within the facility and provide timely response to ad-hoc data requests.
• Ensure continued learning from facility data
• Support weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reporting.
• Support in compilation of monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual programmatic facility performance reports and their submissions in stipulated deadlines.
• Assist with designing interventions that build the capacity to collect, analyze, and use health data to guide HIV Program implementation at the institution, facility and community levels.
• Produce analysis of program data, identifying methods and together with the relevant technical staff, use results and provide recommendations for program improvement.
• Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor
Qualifications, skills and experience;
• Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Quantitative Economics, Computer Science or related field or qualification in monitoring and evaluation (M&E) or relevant field;
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience in M&E for international donor funded projects, preferably including experience with USAID-funded projects;
• Practical experience with the Uganda MOH HMIS system using the DHSI2.
• Practical experience with the Uganda EMR.
• Broad knowledge and understanding of USAID and PEPFAR expectations and trends for monitoring and evaluation.
• Previous experience of working with international NGOs, MOH, district administration, and public health facilities will be an advantage.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• Practical experience in working with routine health information systems at the facility, district and national level.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English, including the capacity to prepare and deliver formal presentations on programs and results
• Excellent data analysis skills and ability to think concisely, critically as well as distill information to lay audience
• Good analytical thinking and ability to interpret public health and epidemiological data.
• Excellent working knowledge of major databases and analytical programs including MS access, MS excel, Uganda EMR, DHIS2.
• Good training skills
• Able to work under pressure
Job application procedure
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements, should send their applications and CV addressed to the
Human Resource Office,
Lira Regional Referral Hospital
P.O Box 2, Lira, Uganda or have it hand delivered to the hospital not later than April 5, 2019.
The current job holders are encouraged to apply. Applicants whose qualifications have not changed in the advert do not need to re-apply.
The above positions are contract jobs and will be remunerated according to the Government of Uganda pay scales.